Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

SEO/content sites - What's your criteria?

Status
Not open for further replies.

benn

Level 2
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've never done a content site, but randomly have a domain that seems to be a candidate:

- 2000/mo exact matches, steadily increasing per google adwords and google trends.
- google adwords low competition
- It's an acronym for a new technical standard that's taking off, traffic would be software developers and other professionals wondering what the **** it is that they keep hearing about
- It's dot info - searchers actually will probably be looking for information, so this seems less crappy than usual
- dot com/org/net all taken of course, none developed

If you're in the habit of doing SEO sites, is this the type of thing you go for? What's a fair wholesale price for it? What keyword search volume starts to be interesting (since it's definitely going up)

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
seo sites = any webpage that has some type code in header, which details or generalizes the content of it.

where the inclusion of relevant keywords relating to the domain name and the subject matter are placed, and also used in the 'body' of the webpage in a 'flow-thru' manner.

using an acronym, in place of 'full descriptive domain' or emd, is more challenging, particularly if that abbr. has variety of uses.

doing it on .info makes the hurdle higher

finally, unless com/net/org are all on same page as you....then you stand alone.

imo...

benn

Level 2
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
seo sites = any webpage that has some type code in header, which details or generalizes the content of it.

where the inclusion of relevant keywords relating to the domain name and the subject matter are placed, and also used in the 'body' of the webpage in a 'flow-thru' manner.

using an acronym, in place of 'full descriptive domain' or emd, is more challenging, particularly if that abbr. has variety of uses.

doing it on .info makes the hurdle higher

finally, unless com/net/org are all on same page as you....then you stand alone.

imo...

Thanks - I guess the real question is what number of exact matches a month do you consider interesting. If you tell me that, it gives me a better sense of how much to try and get from you when you want to buy it :)

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks - I guess the real question is what number of exact matches a month do you consider interesting. If you tell me that, it gives me a better sense of how much to try and get from you when you want to buy it :)

I don't buy domains based on gkwt search results, as that "number of exact matches" for a keyword or phrase, does not equate to any specific dollar amount.

maybe you could sell it to a newbie or one of those stat crazy domainers.

:)

imo....

benn

Level 2
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't buy domains based on gkwt search results, as that "number of exact matches" for a keyword or phrase, does not equate to any specific dollar amount.

maybe you could sell it to a newbie or one of those stat crazy domainers.

:)

imo....

Thanks - I was actually more curious rather than looking to sell it, figured if it rang someone's bell I'd trade it for an honest braindump on why. Sounds like it's not ringing any bells :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators