Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

SEO for WORDPRESS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain summit 2024

FreddyS

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am using "all in one seo".
Automatic SEO out of the box for wordpress. I am not at all an expert in SEO. but please check my site below and let me know if it fits your needs, I am very interested if you find something better.

DomainersNet

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Freddy, you may want to check the QUALITY of the text on your "Our Domains" page.
"Below a few quiality domains we own:"

bhartzer

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Freddy@EuroDNS, I don't want to pick on you specifically, but here's a perfect example of a WordPress site that's not SEO-friendly. The main thing I see is that they permalinks are not set so that they're seo-friendly URLs. Typically, in Wordpress, you will want to set your permalinks so that that you use /%postname%/ which will put the keywords in the URL.

Other issues that I commonly see in WordPress blogs is that the templates include archives; which leads to tons of duplicate content. If you have a static site, then you probably aren't going to have archives and other things that make it look like a blog. So, you'll want to make sure that you get rid of the duplicate content.

FreddyS

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Freddy, you may want to check the QUALITY of the text on your "Our Domains" page.
"Below a few quiality domains we own:"

thank you, I registered quiality.com now, hopefully I am not the only one person doing this typo. ;)

Freddy@EuroDNS, I don't want to pick on you specifically, but here's a perfect example of a WordPress site that's not SEO-friendly. The main thing I see is that they permalinks are not set so that they're seo-friendly URLs. Typically, in Wordpress, you will want to set your permalinks so that that you use /%postname%/ which will put the keywords in the URL.

Other issues that I commonly see in WordPress blogs is that the templates include archives; which leads to tons of duplicate content. If you have a static site, then you probably aren't going to have archives and other things that make it look like a blog. So, you'll want to make sure that you get rid of the duplicate content.

thx bhartzer, that with the permalinks I saw already, I used it in other sites. but everytime I switch it the site is down and I have to contact support, it is of a specific configuration of htaccess I think. But as it is important for seo I will do it now. :)

lordbyroniv

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
do u mean with the plugin or in general ?

As far as I know Wordpress is the best for SEO..

Both, I just built my site on Wordpress

Now I am lucking to make sure its optimized

You know anybody that can help direct me to plugins, help look over my site to make sure its easily indexable by the bots

Dont mind paying a little bit if someone can help

Thanks

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Both, I just built my site on Wordpress

Now I am lucking to make sure its optimized

You know anybody that can help direct me to plugins, help look over my site to make sure its easily indexable by the bots

Dont mind paying a little bit if someone can help

Thanks

I had an article quoted recently concerning some good plugins, and DCG had one in the exclusive section.

lordbyroniv

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Would you be kind enough to PM me or post where I can find these articles

Thanks

chimeara27

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
SEO for wordpress? i thought wordpress don't allow using seo on their blogs?

fish

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
SEO for wordpress? i thought wordpress don't allow using seo on their blogs?

I think you're thinking of WordPress.com, but that's not exactly true anyway. Here's the TOS for more information: http://en.wordpress.com/tos/

For self-hosted WordPress blogs you can install whatever plugins you want. All In One SEO Pack seems to be popular for that. It's also a good idea to have clean code with content before any sidebar items in the markup.

Not to mention quality content and incoming links which is important SEO for any kind of site.

chimeara27

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
how about free web hosting in wordpress do they allowed it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators