Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

setting up a website-help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi I'm new here and very confused as you can prolly tell!!!! Can anyone help me as I'm setting up a new business and not sure how to get a domain name. I have visited loads of sites and am just getting more and more confused..... can anyone recommend a good site for me pleeeese!!!!
thanx sam x

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Welcome sam. :cool:

Plain and simple

http://www.enom.com

They are the best domain registrar on the net - added value features and all.

If you are looking for just one domain, pay the $29 bucks.

However, if you are looking to buy a name from a reseller, post your requirements in the domain wanted forum with your estimated budget.

DomeBase

Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by sam
Hi I'm new here and very confused as you can prolly tell!!!! Can anyone help me as I'm setting up a new business and not sure how to get a domain name. I have visited loads of sites and am just getting more and more confused..... can anyone recommend a good site for me pleeeese!!!!
thanx sam x

Follow Mole's advice. Go to a good registrar (eNom probably not a bad place to start) and try some names for your business. If the name shows up as available, then go ahead and register it. (Actually you might also want to check to make sure that it is not trademarked by someone else first... you can do this by searching on the following link... for the US anyway)

http://www.nameprotect.com/cgi-bin/FREEsearch/search.cgi?vendor_id=14040

If you can get a good name registered that is not trademarked, then you have your name. If you can not find a good name that is not taken, then you can hunt some more or come to this forum and post a "Domain Wanted" add... giving a description of the type of business or name you would like... and see what kinds of offers come in.

Best wishes.

godaddy.com
only $99.00 per years
they care every thing event credit charge, 24hr online and phone
support
sale domain , e.mail. hosting every thing about basic website need

enom is no good place to go
why?
If you go direct with enom cost you
I belive is 3leve 8.95 and 7.99 and 6.99
you need to pay 50name to 1000 name upfront

unless you under some other Enom reseller
have them set prices for you
most is free to start, but not for long term

Thanx for all your advice. Its been a great help and I'll let you know what happens.
Regards, Sam

pixelman

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Why not choose a web hosting plan? Many web hosting companies would let you register a domain at their site "free" of charge...

By doing so, you don't need to bother about the domain transfer thing later. BTW, you may not able to transfer a newly registered domain to a new registrar within 60 days.

Originally posted by pixelman
Why not choose a web hosting plan? Many web hosting companies would let you register a domain at their site "free" of charge...

By doing so, you don't need to bother about the domain transfer thing later. BTW, you may not able to transfer a newly registered domain to a new registrar within 60 days.

cool i'll give it a go. cheers guys

Who-Wiz

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by amhitvl
enom is no good place to go
why? If you go direct with enom cost you
I belive is 3leve 8.95 and 7.99 and 6.99
you need to pay 50name to 1000 name upfront

I'm pretty sure anyone can buy straight from eNom for the 9 bucks or so. they don't make it very clear though, but its pretty easy. eNom respects its resellers by not making itself instantly recognizeable as a competing service. Good business.

W|Z

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
NeedName.Com offers $10.99 /domain name (enom reseller)

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators