Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed shittydomains.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

timechange.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Well, I let stinkypoop.com drop a while back; someone apparently stepped on it and it got stuck :D

O

onsale

Originally posted by 2003
Well, I let stinkypoop.com drop a while back; someone apparently stepped on it and it got stuck :D

Haha, I thought you were kidding, but somebody DID register stinkypoop.com. Stinkypoop.net and org have also been snapped up! Talk about flushing money down the toilet...

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
"Can't blame the guy. You certainly don't want to risk having a premium domain such as shittydomains.com expire. Looks like this one is a keeper!!!"

It may very well be just that! I know this probably won't be a "popular" response to this thread ... but think for a moment; virtually ALL domains are shitty, really ... as a percentage, like 95%. Not every-single-one, but the very vast majority, being my reference for "all". In months and years to come, won't this guy have a corner on the market for used and recycled domains? Think about that. "ShittyDomains.com" ... shear brilliance, IMO! :)
Good Luck.

O

onsale

Originally posted by CoolHost
"Can't blame the guy. You certainly don't want to risk having a premium domain such as shittydomains.com expire. Looks like this one is a keeper!!!"

It may very well be just that! I know this probably won't be a "popular" response to this thread ... but think for a moment; virtually ALL domains are shitty, really ... as a percentage, like 95%. Not every-single-one, but the very vast majority, being my reference for "all". In months and years to come, won't this guy have a corner on the market for used and recycled domains? Think about that. "ShittyDomains.com" ... shear brilliance, IMO! :)
Good Luck.

Oh yeah, pure genius! Curse words dramatically increase the value of domains. Of course, there are other words to describe the term "shitty", but when in doubt, always go with curse words. What with most companies' preference of using curse word related domains, it won't be long before shittydomains.com sells for a hefty price. You're a genius!

NameCaster

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
"Curse words dramatically increase the value of domains. "

Huh?...What?

So much for a TV campaign...

I see nothing but zeros when it comes to this domain name.
$000,000,000.00

Just MHO

Cheers!

timechange.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by onsale

Haha, I thought you were kidding, but somebody DID register stinkypoop.com. Stinkypoop.net and org have also been snapped up! Talk about flushing money down the toilet...

I was not kidding; I had it for a year and let it expire.

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
"Of course, there are other words to describe the term "shitty", but when in doubt, always go with curse words."

I spoke of years to come in my reference! Even in here, are we not a reflection of society? That curse word was barely used when I was a kid. Today, kids use it like it's nothing. Tomorrow it may be in the dictionary. Is this what I want, or hope for ... absolutely not! But, in order to follow my posted logic, one must think of the future, and "outside the box". Do you think curse words will be used LESS in the future? Me either (again, unfortunately). This domain is utter brilliance ... if you care to go there.
PS. Please note that my post most likely would not be a "popular response".
Good Luck.

O

onsale

"Of course, there are other words to describe the term "shitty", but when in doubt, always go with curse words."

I spoke of years to come in my reference! Even in here, are we not a reflection of society? That curse word was barely used when I was a kid. Today, kids use it like it's nothing. Tomorrow it may be in the dictionary. Is this what I want, or hope for ... absolutely not! But, in order to follow my posted logic, one must think of the future, and "outside the box". Do you think curse words will be used LESS in the future? Me either (again, unfortunately). This domain is utter brilliance ... if you care to go there.
PS. Please note that my post most likely would not be a "popular response".
Good Luck.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=sarcasm

You ARE a genius. It's only a matter of time before the term "shitty" becomes as in vogue as using "e" and "web" and "net" in domains. Plus, curse word domains have the added benefit of allowing people using filtering software to make sure that your site is banned. So you have nothing to lose, and everything to gain!

Note: there is a fine line between thinking "outside the box", and not thinking at all. You crossed that line and ended up sounding pretty stupid.

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
"Note: there is a fine line between thinking "outside the box", and not thinking at all. You crossed that line and ended up sounding pretty stupid."

Apparently you're not a big fan of the curse words, Onsale! :)
I can appreciate and respect that. Fact is, neither am I. In my posts, though, supporting the domain for future development, I attempted to mirror its future significance with that of an evolving society where all logical indications point to more frequent use of so-called curse words, not less.
It is, by its very nature, a discussion of possibilities or hypothetical ... it's abstract, subjective ... and, as I mentiond, probably not popular. I believe that was my very first statement.
You think I didn't expect a response in similarity to yours? Please ... of course I did. And, I'm grateful for it to be honest. :)
"Outside the box" requires thought not in the norm. Discussing curse words as being more prevalent in the future may not be "normal", but can it be summarily dismissed??
Again, TO ME, the domain has a future value. How much value that will be will depend upon the need for "shitty" (ie., used/dropped) domains in the future, and our acceptance of such a named site.
If I'm wrong, that's fine ... that's why we are here. But to state that I'm "not thinking at all" is sadly underappreciating the debate.
PS. I do not swear, and I do not condone swearing. Think about that for a moment ... as it relates to the above response.
Thank you.
Good Luck.

O

onsale

Again, TO ME, the domain has a future value.

I'm not surprised the domain has "future value" to you. A sucker is born everyday.

NameCaster

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by onsale

Maybe this will help you understand:

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=sarcasm

I completely understand. I just don't agree with you.
As for spending my time searching the link you provided to Legitimize your opinion. It's not going to happen.

I already see your logic. I just don't agree with it.

I wish you the best of luck though :)

Cheers!

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
"I'm not surprised the domain has "future value" to you. A sucker is born everyday."

Ummm ... I'm not a sucker ... I'm a "Domain Speculator"!?!? ;)
Thanks for the funnies. Good Luck.

O

onsale

Originally posted by mudfence

I completely understand. I just don't agree with you.
As for spending my time searching the link you provided to Legitimize your opinion. It's not going to happen.

I already see your logic. I just don't agree with it.

I wish you the best of luck though :)

Cheers!

Have you heard of sarcasm? The link was meant to help you to understand the concept. You must be related to coolhost. You 2 seem to have the same IQ.

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
"All this fight over....errr I can't say the word"

LOL. But not a "fight" ... just a healthy debate, as one would expect with such a (swear) word/domain. No worries.
Yes, please don't say it though! ;)
Good Luck.

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
"You must be related to coolhost. You 2 seem to have the same IQ."

Cool, I'm in good company at least! :)
Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom