Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Should I accept offer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazz

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I received an offer of $500.00 for my domain name. Would appreciate your opinions of whether I should accept or not, the buyer insists he cannot go any higher, but may be able to at a later date. I recently started tracking visitors, and have received 30 uniques in the past 10 days.

Thanks

Jazz

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
hehe..okay..thanks! I do need the money for relocation purposes.

Keith

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes, sell. :)

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
TAKE MONEY... RUN..RUN..RUN!!!!!!!!!

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sell

gump

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree above.

fmmp

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hopefully you have spent it by now!

Domainaholic

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ClickAss.com?
Sorry, but I would not let it go for $500 it just sounds too nice.

I have been wrong before so do not mind me too much.

Jazz

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Thank you for your input. I liked the sound of the name as well Domainaholic, and I hate to let it go, I had a great idea for developing it, but I need the money to relocate, I wish our lovely government was a little faster in sending us money that is due to us, then I would be able to hold on to it and develop it, but as it stands now, I have accepted the offer, hopefully, I will receive the check in a few days. Thanks again everyone.

Sportacle

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
In early 2001 a person wrote me and offered $500 for a domain saying that was the limit of their budget. They turned out to be a webhost/design company and were represnting their client (all of which I found out after I sold it).

Oh, but I didn't accept the $500. I just told the same story that is above - I liked the domain so much and it would be difficult to part with. After about 4 hours from the time I received the first email I had closed the deal for $27,500K. I believe the site is still operating: www.medicinedirect.com

So, don't always believe the first email you receive. If they wrote you they probably want it just as bad as you. And, wouldn't you start in a low range also if you were trying to buy the domain from someone?

Just a suggestion. But apparently you needed the $500. Hopefully, their price range was not $10K - but I guess you'll never know.

moxsum

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
great sucess story sportacle. interesting and scary at the same time.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Sportacle In early 2001 a person wrote me and offered $500 for a domain saying that was the limit of their budget. They turned out to be a webhost/design company and were represnting their client (all of which I found out after I sold it). Oh, but I didn't accept the $500. I just told the same story that is above - I liked the domain so much and it would be difficult to part with. After about 4 hours from the time I received the first email I had closed the deal for $27,500K.....

Similar thing happened to me. I got an email and phone call from a guy who said he was a small time web-designer and wanted to personally buy my name to do a website for a client.

The dot-com was a short keyword dictionary word in the business his web-design client was involved in.

He also made it seem like it was a small-time transaction by saying he wanted the domain name reg'd only under his personal name, not the start-up firms name who was paying for it. He even said he was so small-time he did not even have a website of his own but only designed them for others.

We haggled for a bit and agreed to $2,000. A long time later I learned the small start-up firm was actually a new branch of a large and successful nationwide medical corporation, who could have easily (and likely would have) paid 10 times or more the small amount I got, without a noticable dent in their large operating budget.

I am guessing the web-designer may have been compensated at least in part based on how little he spent for the name, This obscure 3rd party involved misleading low sale price set-up happens to others often from what I understand.

dot

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Sportacle
In early 2001 a person wrote me and offered $500 for a domain saying that was the limit of their budget. They turned out to be a webhost/design company and were represnting their client (all of which I found out after I sold it).

Oh, but I didn't accept the $500. I just told the same story that is above - I liked the domain so much and it would be difficult to part with. After about 4 hours from the time I received the first email I had closed the deal for $27,500K. I believe the site is still operating: www.medicinedirect.com

So, don't always believe the first email you receive. If they wrote you they probably want it just as bad as you. And, wouldn't you start in a low range also if you were trying to buy the domain from someone?

Just a suggestion. But apparently you needed the $500. Hopefully, their price range was not $10K - but I guess you'll never know.

Wow, $27'500'000 for medicinedirect.com! ;)

gph

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Bear in mind though that the market has changed dramatically in the last couple of years. I doubt you'd have got that high if it were 2003 instead of 2001- would sure by nice though, wouldn't it!!

gph

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hmmmmmm.

I am always wondering when i get enduser offers.

1. Do I ask way more (cuz they are lowballing)

2. Do I ask a lil more (incase i scare a small timer away)

I usually go for #2

Mayeb thats why I never close anything high :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators