Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Should I pay? or tell guy to Pound bricks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tldrental

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have a situation...
I paid for a link building service from a member here on the forum. I pay this guy milestone payments. I gave him a list of keywords I want ranked on the first page of google. The deal is that when he gets the site to the first page for a term I pay him for each one.

So far I have paid him for one top page ranking. When he contacted me last night to notify me he has a new second top rank which I now need to pay him for.

Im ok with paying him.. as I was verifying his work. I checked the status of the first ranking.I noticed that my site was now #20 on the second page. It was maybe on the first page for 2 weeks +/- .

In your opinion do you think this guy deserves to be paid for this new milestone payment after the first one performed very lousy?

DrewryMedia

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
to be honest, you're better off writing and submitting press releases or articles press release and article directories. Google does not like paid links. You may be potentially wasting your money. Just my opinion. Are you into writing articles or blogs every day?

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Do you happen to have a contract or an agreement via email, verbal, etc that mentions length of time the keyword should perform?

tldrental

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
no... not that I recall

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The google results are tailored to each user. Your location alone will usually make a huge difference + your history. So you should have agreed on a certain 'standard' beforehand to measure performance.
Like for example a clean server with a static IP address, and no browsing history. Just a suggestion.
The scope of the assignment is not specific enough.

Domonetise

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
As soon as you have any kind of disagreement the guy can pull the plug on your links and your back to square one. Articles, reciprocal links, adwords, directory listings etc are IMO the best way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom