Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Slow Loading Times

Status
Not open for further replies.

jstewart

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Can anyone help me discover the reason behind the slow loading times behind these sites or point me in a direction to discover the cause?

-> Keep.CA
-> Acevedo.CA

Both are at the same host, different themes.

I am trying to discover if it is the theme, or host that is the cause behind the lag. I believe it is the host but want to be sure before I decide to move hosting.

Cheers
J

Domain summit 2024

jstewart

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks Draggar,

Yes to both. Thanks for letting me know they come up quickly on your end, for some reason here there seems to be about a 5second delay before anything loads.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I used to have shared hosting in the past but then I realized that they over-taxed their database. Sites not running WP ran will but sites running WP were slow. I even cut one site's DB down (eliminating old posts etc.) and it didn't help.

Went to VPS and the issue is resolved.

Keral_Patel

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Tested it. It seems all those external banners and stuff that is loading is taking up lots of time.

Here is break down : http://tools.pingdom.com/fpt/#!/CYpcODAkv/www.keep.ca

Try loading Javascripts in footer.

As there is lots of stuff that is external onsite optimization would help but not that much.

Thanks.

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Who are you hosted with now?

How many websites do you have?

James-A

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If your website has become slow, there might be many reasons responsible for this. First of all it is important to check if you have hosted your website on the right web hosting platform. For instance, if you have a large complex website with lot of applications then a shared hosting package might not be the right choice. For large websites it is important to opt for a resource intensive web hosting platforms like a cloud server or a dedicated server. Another reason might be large images or animations used, the website might load slowly because of them as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom