Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Snap Back questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaggy

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
1. Do snap backs expire after one year, and if so...where do I see the amount of time I have left on my snap back(s).

2. If or when I get a domain name snapped for me....where is the domain name registered??.....do I determine that or do they have thier own registar? If I determine.....where would I put that information at.

Thanks for your help..

Shagg

Sharpy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
1. Log into your snap account select "my account" and select "e-mail me a list of my active snapback subscriptions". Expiration dates of all your active snaps will be listed.
not sure of question 2
hope this helps
cheers

llew

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
2) I think it depends on where it was dropped from. I had one snapped domain registered at netsol and another registered at bulkregister.

Sportacle

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Shaggy
1. Do snap backs expire after one year, and if so...where do I see the amount of time I have left on my snap back(s).

2. If or when I get a domain name snapped for me....where is the domain name registered??.....do I determine that or do they have thier own registar? If I determine.....where would I put that information at.

Thanks for your help..

Shagg

All registrars that Snapnames works with are eligible to "Grab" a domain. I have had two domains registered by SNapnames in the last two week, both dropped byt the same registrar, but picked up by different Snapnames partner registrars.

No, you do not choose which registrar that picks up the name. An email arrives from snapnames once your domain is registered telling you which registrar grabbed it and they give you a login and password at that registrar within that email (it is usualy the same as your snapnames user/login).

Hope that helps.

Shaggy

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Then why do you have a nameserver information section in our regesteration info, whats the reseason for that??

TexasFilly

RBS consultant
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
IMO.. it's a waste of money.. many may dis~agree with me.. but if your checkN the cool drop lists.. and creative enough.. you will find a great name no one ever thought of.

good luck

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Shaggy
Then why do you have a nameserver information section in our regesteration info, whats the reseason for that??

That's so you can set the default nameserver info and whichever SnapNames partner registrar grabs the name, the nameservers will be ready to go as per your default.

Also, I never let a SnapBack subscription expire. If I don't manage to grab a name within the life of the SB, in the last couple of weeks I use it to renew one of my own expiring domain names by Snapping my own name. But you have to be careful here that you don't choose a really good name or else someone else might get it before SnapnNames, LOL

Shaggy

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Cool thanks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators