Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

SnapShot - be sure you know what it does

Status
Not open for further replies.

I recently had a customer who was misinformed as to what the SnapNames "SnapShot" function does, and I thought I would share his concerns here since there may be others who get bitten by this.

SnapShot is NOT a real-time notification like a SnapBack without the actual registration function attached.

The SnapShot function will update you once a week - long after the domain information has changed - and in the case of my customer, after the domain dropped and was picked up by someone else.

My customer believed that SnapShot would notify him immediately when the state of the domain changed - allowing him to register the domain manually instead of using any of the drop services. It turns out the actual domain he wanted has dropped for three days and was then registered manually - and he missed the window because he thought that the SnapShot was going to tell him the domain was available...

Read the terms and conditions of the services you purchase carefully...

-t

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Its like with any game. Always read the manual first.

RMF

ToBad

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
is it snapnames.com you talking about?

ToBad

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sorry, but you need to let us know what url you are talking about!

ToBad, I'm sorry if you misunderstood, but yes, SnapShot is a service of SnapNames that watches domain name changes - however it is not real time like a SnapBack.

-t

hiOsilver

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
And the first 10 snapshots are free. That should have been a clue right off the bat. Anyone offering a service for $70 is not going to offer 10 units of an equal service for free. Additional snapshots are 20 for $10 or $20, I don't remember which.

TurNIC.com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The only think I know about them is they wasted my $69. Snapback, snapshot, snaphit, snapsnap, snapsniff, snapshit, snapcrap, snapblab I am gonna register all snap things and rip their a$$

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom