Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Soccer blog - 250 visits a day, earns leass than 5$ a month

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeffreyw

Football Club owner
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My soccer blog gets 250 visits a day, sometimes more than 500 visits if there's a football game the previous day. But few clicks, and only earing less than 5$ a month.

Ironically, my photo blog (more photos less words!) with an average visits of 180 gets more clicks and earnings of 8 to 10$ a month.

Both sites have similar ad placement.

Any ideas why?

Thanks!

syncvb

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Your Soccer blog is full of videos which are actually taken from another site.Whenever a user clicks on a video (which many people do) he is taken to another site and thus your videos actually become EXIT PATH.They don't read anything what you write because actually they can watch!
The user activity on the site will be low as he will be watching more videos from the actual video hosting site using the "related videos".
Now your photo blog does not have such exit paths and hence the user remains on your site as long as they are watching good photos.And they have to READ what you have written in order to describe the photo. More time->More interaction->More clicks and thus more money.
This are just my two cents after spending a lot of time on SEO for my blog!

Last edited:

DataSN.com

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Increasing adsense revenues has tradeoffs - you have to be aggressive in slapping the ads right onto the visitor's face. In this case, I'd suggest:

1. Changing the top 468x60 ad immediately before the post content into a 336x280 one.
2. Getting rid of the borders of the boxes that contain adsense ads - mixing content with adsense ads.

Jeffreyw

Football Club owner
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
^^I got rid of the borders. Will replace the 468x60 ad with a bigger one. Originally, it was a big square banner that used to be there, I just put the 468x60 as an experiment.

DataSN.com

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
^^I got rid of the borders. Will replace the 468x60 ad with a bigger one. Originally, it was a big square banner that used to be there, I just put the 468x60 as an experiment.

I used to do all sorts of experiments and 336x280 wins in almost all cases.

yanhuang

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
From my personal experience, fan-based websites tend to earn far less than real product and real service based websites too. I have several hip hop aggregation websites that get a lot of traffic but the earnings is just mediocre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom