Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

some advise needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

dotcom

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have read all over that .com is the preffered extention. How about .net

I have a domain name in mind that's 2 words. Now when i put it in google and oveture, should i be typing in the 2 words separated by a space ? or as the domain name would be ie:

greatdomain or great domain?

This one I have in mind gets no hits in overture when typed in as greatdomain but when type in great domain it gets 1137.

Same goes with google, typed as greatdomain it gets 21,100 but when typed in as great domain it goes to a whopping about 1,680,000.

So fianlly i come to my real question. If I get these stats on a *.net does it mean it is worthwhile.

Thankyou

when you use google, put the term in quotes e.g.

"great domain"

this gives 14,000 not 1,680,000 (which is pages with "great" and "domain" but not necessarily the exact phrase)

i wouldn't waste time with .net's unless the term is a very good commercial one which needs more than just google/ov stats to interpret that.

I tend to agree on the .net's not many of them have value in my opinion unless its a prime one, seems to be very little interest above usage by small sites.

DotComster

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
dot com is the default, even if you have a great .Net - it'll just incread the value of the dot com.

2 words no hypen is the default, but get th hyphen if you have 2 great words.

Simplistic - but I have not had my coffee yet ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators