Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed Spacetrips.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Some opinion here please on an end-user price, both now and as a long-term hold of, say five years? I know that it's a strange request and could be described as 'star gazing' if you'll pardon the pun...

Thanks!

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sorry about that Mediahound. I forgot to put email notifications on. Thanks.

Spinner

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So you are looking to develop? :cool:

I would say mid $XXX - undeveloped

Spinner

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have heard prices of around $98K-$250K per flight into space... I´m sure there will be a market, once they start selling in 4-5 years...

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"The first flights by Virgin Galactic are planned to begin in 2.5 to 3 years time. We plan to begin taking deposits early next year and will contact prospective astronauts who register online."

They'll be starting selling next year. www.virgingalactic.com

Spinner

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
2.5-3 years would be great, but I hope they do not try and be "first movers" by rushing it thru (I would think it takes alot of work, so "normal" people can safely be send into space, and then return safely again).

Traffic should increase to the domain over the next years... what typin numbers do spacetrips.com have today?

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Spinner said:
2.5-3 years would be great, but I hope they do not try and be "first movers" by rushing it thru (I would think it takes alot of work, so "normal" people can safely be send into space, and then return safely again).

Traffic should increase to the domain over the next years... what typin numbers do spacetrips.com have today?

I have a 'token' site up there and haven't bothered even to look at the traffic -- the value is all in the name at this stage I think. I've already contacted Virgin about a reseller deal :)

rawkinrich

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
aZooZa said:
I have a 'token' site up there and haven't bothered even to look at the traffic -- the value is all in the name at this stage I think. I've already contacted Virgin about a reseller deal :)

Do it, Do it!

Listen to little richy, that name could be a gold mine.

Time will tell.

Rich

rawkinrich

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
aZooZa said:
So, how much now do you reckon for spacetrips.com? And then 2 years?

I don't think you can put an accurate price on it now, maybe mid $xxx - but the years will tell.

But i'm sure you'll find out.

Rich

Wot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good luck with this one, has to have a high future value.

I have Spacetrip.co.uk so perhaps a reseller idea could apply to this!

Bionic

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
quote from the CNN article

A report issued by Futron estimates that by 2021, more than 15,000 passengers could be making suborbital flights for about $50,000 each. That would come comfortably close to the $1 billion mark for industry revenue, not including "space component" trips such as astronaut training and Zero G's parabolic flights.

Collins points out that Charles Lindbergh's flight across the Atlantic in 1927 sparked an explosion of interest in aviation. Ticket sales rocketed from 5,800 in 1926 to 417,000 by 1930. That could happen for space.

He presented a "feasible" space tourism scenario for 2030 that would put 5 million passengers into space per year, with an orbital population of 70,000 people involving as many as 60 co-orbital hotels.

definately one to put 10 years rego on. and then some..

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
http://www.virgingalactic.com/when.html

Enjoy the reading.
http://www.virgingalactic.com/why.html
Benz created the car but it was Henry Ford who is remembered for making it available to the masses. Charles Lindbergh’s flight across the Atlantic was marvellous but the enduring legacy is the airline industry he inspired. Thanks to the the developments made by Burt Rutan and his project, space travel will now be available to the public aboard Virgin Galactic spaceships.

Previously it has been thought impossible to design an affordable, robust man-rated rocket ship. Existing spaceships have been very complicated and not robust enough to carry commercial passengers. By using a space craft with adjustable wings for easy re-entry and powered by an inert nitrous oxide (laughing gas) and rubber fuel, Rutan has brought to an abrupt end the governmental monopoly on rocketship space travel. These developments in technology and safety have enabled the birth of Virgin Galactic.

This is the first step to space travel becoming something people can do almost every day.

“We hope to create thousands of astronauts over the next few years and bring alive their dream of seeing the majestic beauty of our planet from above, the stars in all their glory and the amazing sensations of weightlessness and space flight. The development will also allow every country in the world to have their own astronauts rather than the privileged few”.
Richard Branson

In the future space might no longer be the final frontier. The advent of efficient, reusable spaceships like SpaceShipOne has the potential to allow the masses to visit, work and play in space. For years Rutan has had a vision of a mass market for having fun in space, whereby people can hop aboard a spaceship as they can a jet airliner.

Virgin Galactic is the bridge to such a dream.

“What we are hoping to achieve with the X Prize is not the legacy I would like to leave. I want to be remembered for helping make affordable space tourism happen, so my kids and hundreds of thousands of people can experience the magic of space. That’s only possible in the partnership with Virgin Galactic.
“I don’t think anyone else could achieve this kind of project properly. Richard’s drive and vision and the experience Virgin has with its airline means Virgin is really the only partner who could pull this off.”
Burt Rutan

http://www.whois.sc/reverse-ip/?lookup=www.virgingalactic.com

Chad

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, lets say taking trips to space becomes the norm soon...

Taking a trip to Hawaii is more sought after...how many folks type in HawaiiTrips.com?

Spacetrips is worthless at this time in history...and if things change it will still be worthless.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Chad said:
Spacetrips is worthless at this time in history...and if things change it will still be worthless.

Thanks Chad. That's what I like about this appraisal forum, you can always be sure of at least one erudite and well-thought-out prophecy. Thanks :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators