Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

closed ss.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

allied_web

We'd like to thank you guys for your appraisals of ww.com. The highest offer to buy we saw here was in the 21K range. That's was a bit low since we were making $1000/month from an affiliate program (darkblue.com) from the taffic it got. We just sold it to someone who saw the posting here for 70K. The company wants to develope it so it was probrably worth more to them than it was to most of you guys.

We also have ss.com which we are now interested in selling. The buyer of ww.com wasn't interested in it since he thought it had a negative world war 2 connection. If you are interested, we are making about $1200/month from darkblue.com on this one.

Personnally, I would think ss.com would be more desirable than ww.com. It always seemed like a 'w' was missing from ww.com to me. Also, 's' is a more popular letter than 'w'. Since it was getting about 20% more traffic than ww.com (according to our affiliate checks, we don't actually have stats), I think this should be correct.

Any thoughts?

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not nterested in buying, but I would agree that "ss.com"
has a negative connotation. I instantly thought of Hitler's SS
regime.

A

allied_web

Yeah, the Hitler connection is anoying but maybe someone could brand ss.com with some positive advertising. We thought of the Chevy SS for one.

domainAddict

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Same here. My first thaught were those nazzi suxors :)

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by allied_web
Any thoughts?

allied_web, congrats on the 70k sale figure for ww.com...very nice! Just curious why you didn't join in the appraisal thread for ww.com? The thread had over 70 posts (and offers to you) and more than 1,000 views, and considering you started the thread it would have been nice to have heard some of your thoughts along the way. JMO.

Re ss.com, I would agree about the negative image these two letters carry 60 years later. It would need a sizeable amount of branding to change people's thinking on these letters. In the following list of acronymns, the most prominent seems to be for Sesame Street, but I doubt whether they'd want to be known as ss. Good luck with the sale of ss.com.

http://www.acronymfinder.com/af-query.asp?String=exact&Acronym=ss&Find=Find

domainAddict

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
LOL! Your design? I mean.. Is it trademarked or something? heh.. Its called asci art I believe and Im sure that that "ornament" was used by someone else before you as well. Its not like youve invented it or anything :D

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was impressed with the graphic of surfing a digital wave.

dmyre

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
domainAddict,

If you want to be like that, I would like to RESPECTFULLY point out that you are violating the Acceptable Use Policy by using TWO links in your signature:

"Your forum signature may not exceed 4 lines in length, and may contain no more than one link."

:D

domainAddict

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
lol@You again :) Many members have more than one link in their signature, and I wasnt even aware that thats a violation. Im pretty sure it doesnt bother anyone, though, but if moderators mind, I will correct it . You should loosen up a bit.. And dont be mad over everything - thats my job :D

willing2sell

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The first thing to come to my mind when seeing ss.com was Social Security.

ad-lib

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
The first thing to come to my mind when seeing ss.com was Social Security.
My sentiments exactly.

DomainSage

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
SS is horrible and can be very offensive.

Validweb

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'd guess ww.com is worth a lot more than ss.com because of the obvious internet association.

If you are earning $1,000/month from a domain, what value would you put on it to sell it? What formula do you use, and how do you justify it?

best regards

.com.net.org

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I like this name. :D

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by fizz

Just curious why you didn't join in the appraisal thread for ww.com? The thread had over 70 posts (and offers to you) and more than 1,000 views, and considering you started the thread it would have been nice to have heard some of your thoughts along the way. JMO.

Deja Vu :)

A

allied_web

I didn't join in on the ww.com discussion because I didn't come back until ebay auction was over. I didn't realize people would be making offers here. I thought the site was just here to get an idea of what the name might be worth.

I had the ebay auction reserve price set really high so it wouldn't sell though ebay. (didn't want to pay their commission). Once the auction ended, I came back to see if people though the name was worth more or less than what the high bidder came up with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators