Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Starting a Blog and which software to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

D0N

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
AnyHow,Anytime - One and only........
~~WordPress~~.

Domain summit 2024

AnnaS

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That's not true.

If you use MovableType with static content Apache won't have any issues with the traffic

Any WordPress has the wp-cache plugin which lets you set page life and turn it or or off from the broswer.

It is a little silly to compare software performance on the one day it will get slammed by the digg effect, if that ever happens to the site.

I have been impressed with Wordpress hands down over the other blog software I have used. flexibility, community, themes, plugins / extensions. If there is something out there as good or better, nothing has come up with my using Wordpress to make me look.

Eraser

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yep, wordpress is the best software. But it's default installation is not the best way for any site. You should tweak it to get the most out of it.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I still like Blogger, example www.wgxi.com, it is one of the default templates, but perfect for what I use it for. You can also change the templates easy enough.

darlanne

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I used to use Serendipity and I still stand by the small too-little-known wonderful piece of software ... However I took the plunge a few months ago into the Wordpress world and haven't looked back since. DEFINITELY Wordpress. My clients learn to use it a ton faster than any other blogging platform I've seen and honestly there is just so much support and options you can't really beat it.

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just move my blog to blogger.com, see my template http://emil.king.net like it very much.

Diskspace ? not sure but I think it's unlimited.

ClickHoldem

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Wordpress wins. Here's an example of a clean custom layout using wordpress... blogcouch.com & blogotto.com ... I think the clean look goes over well in a professional way. Adding color or ad blocks is all these would need if the clean look is not what your looking for. Anybody looking for a custom wordpress design shoot me a message here or at my gmail email address: viralspace@gmail.com I will gladly help ya out...I been the guy that wanted a custom blog, but never found a friend to help out so I understand it is frustrating... I don't mind helpin' out...and yes that means for free, but I would'nt stop ya ;) I do this because I like to help where I had trouble finding free help. Cheers!

CH

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators