Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

developed StartName.com (well maybe...) lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

checknme

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have more opportunities opening up for me in my day time job plus the launch of a site and many other little projects in the works...

...because of this, I am considering letting startname.com (also www.start.name) go. The offer would have to be VERY interesting ($ or PREMIUM .com name) and I am not prepared to "give a price". I have out a lot of time, money and effort into it. But it has paid off... the site is only about 2.5 months old and is already very popular.

Stats: ( I will prove to people who submit and offer - all offers will be subject to buyers revue of server stats)
January: 20,000+ pages, 2,000+ uniques,

Revenue:
January: $130+ revenue (which went right back into advertising and scripts) from affiliates and domain registrations. I have not even come close to fully monetizing the site. No 3rd party served advertising, no membership... nothing. My focus has been on development.

Alexa stats:
http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details?q=&url=startname.com

Tools include:
"Savable" Bulk Whois - www.startname.com/whois
"Savable" Bulk Linkpop - www.startname.com/linkpop
Domain Monitoring - www.startname.com/dm
Ready to Register Domain Names - www.startname.com/rtr
Become an enom reseller (instantly): www.startname.com/reseller
Register a name for $8.27: www.startname.com/domains
Scripts for your site - www.startname.com/scripts
Many, Many useful links: www.start.name or www.startname.com
Admin section (controls search limits etc.)
... plus a couple of other not finished sections.

The following names have been purchased to further brand certain sections/tools in the site and can be included if you state in your offer:

BULK.NAME (whois and linkpop)
TRANSFER.NAME (very cheap transfers)
SELLING.NAME (domain showcase)
BUYING.NAME (domain showcase)
FEATURED.NAME (premium names)
DISCUSS.NAME (chat and forum)
NOTIFY.NAME (domain monitor)
SERVED.NAME (hosting)

The homepage has some other cool features too...

- Users can customize and have their selections remembered. (1) The search box can be radio buttons (default) or dropdown, (2) Whois search box in right bar can be changed to display linkpop box instead, (3) the color scheme can be customized be selecting a new template (which the admin can create - I only have 2 right now :-( ). Most of these preference options are located at the bottom right hand area of the page.

- Most of the page is automated... including domains dropping today/tomorrow section.

Please PM me your SERIOUS offers or email me at admin@startname.com. I will probably end up keeping this site, I love it! But who knows... All offers will be considered. Only ones of interest will be replied to (time has become an issue :-( ).

Thanks,
checknme

Domain summit 2024

puravida

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi checknme,

First off... nice site! I've seen a post here on DNF for it before.

I saw that much of the homepage is automated, but there really is a lot of content on your site.

So, how much time per month will it take to maintain it??

checknme

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You are right puravida, most of the site is unique tools and links.... not "content" per se. It is designed to be a resource centre for domainers. The one place you can find everything... and access to everything related to domain names. The only updating is the links on the homepage, creating new templates, submitting new names to the ready to register section (others contribute too! This will only continue to grow if more incentive is offered) and managing dontaitons (providing people who submitted a domain with tier share of the donation).

The site can run itslef - or it could become a part time job - depending on where you want to take it. Marketing it though (like any business), will always be a job that needs to be done.

.... I have so many more ideas on how to further develop and would be also open to maintaining a share in it and providing strategic council and providing further development solutions.

checknme

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for their offers! Top one sits in the lower part of $x,xxx. Any others will be considered for the next couple of days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators