Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Status of Directories with Google

Status
Not open for further replies.

overture

Overture
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've been reading that Google has really hammered the value of directory listings in its latest update. I was considering purchasing a hand submitted directory listings company to get a site more links. Is this still worth it? If so, whom do you recommend to do this work for me?

cashads

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Submitting to free directory used to work good but I don't think it helps much now.

Paid directory's still work just make sure they are not gray bared. Google has hammered a lot of directory's on the last update

search for directory and your keyword to find directory's that will give you the best results

IE: loan directory

bhartzer

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There are really only a few directories that are still worth submitting to. I would submit to DMOZ since it's free, and then you'll want to consider Yahoo! Directory, BOTW.org, and Business.com.

p0werm4n

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
JoeAnt.com is good as well. Not all directories are bad IMO, some actually bring in traffic to your website... But I may be biased because I own one :p

WL_Marketing

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
If you submit to a lot of directories, it can still work well... only some of them have to make it through after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators