Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Stay away from HostMantis!!!

fulltiltpoker

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Today I purchased a hosting package with Host Mantis. I uploaded wordpress installation, played with few plugins and tweaked the theme.
Posted 2 articles and I was very happy with the 2$ purchase! No troubles, the server was behaving good.

Later today I got an email from Host Mantis with subject - REFUND!
WTF? I haven't asked for refund?! I tried to connect to the FTP server to check if I can download the files.

Guess what? The host was refusing the connection. In the panel there was a label - Fraud, package is canceled.
I haven't received any prior notification about this problem so I am able to download the files, bottom line 2 hours lost!

It could be worse! I have server in Linode, filled up to the max with websites; some of them making 100$ per day.
Well thank you very much Host Mantis! If you can't host one wordpress blog,
how people can sleep when they have their business in your hands?
I sleep good though you made me unhappy today!

Domain summit 2024

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that, I guess it's because of your location.

fulltiltpoker

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes I guess so, but I doesn't justify this behavior - if they have problem with my account they should contact and notify me prior closing and deleting files on my account. If they did, everything would resolve quick and smooth and I wouldn't bother to write negative opinions...
Just wanted to let you guys know how I feel about this company! It's good that there are far better hosting companies out there!
Be very careful when picking hosting providers, always cheap comes more expensive...

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
$2 bucks don't buy you a lot of aggravation these days :D

glaxxon

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It's most probably because of the fraud systems hosting companies employ for billing, like Maxmind, etc. They tend to cause such an issue many times.

postcd

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Many orders are marked as Fraud by automated systems. But this might not be your case.
What can happen is also that your Wordpress got quickly infected by malware and that can also be the reason of suspension.
You might also hosted content (texts...) that is not acceptable, content you are not aware about. They should little bit more explained suspension, not sure if they explained it somehow. it can be also an error of the single staff person.
Also Your hosting provider probably have right which you agreed during signup, right that they can close any account at anytime for almost any reason.

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
At least you seem to be doing well with other sites/hosting companies.

Couple sayings to lighten up the room: :)

old saying: you get what you pay for
new saying: sometimes you don't always get what you pay for (refund)

old saying: my 2cents worth
new saying: my 2bucks worth

good luck :)

and carry on.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators