Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

T.r.a.f.f.i.c. 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How's it coming along guys?

DNJournal.com will be on hand to provide same day coverage of conference highlights. Our daily show summaries and photos will be posted each evening Thursday through Saturday (Oct. 21-23).

Schwartz said you’ll still be able to see it on video. “We have contracted a video company to record and edit all the seminars and plan to have it available for those that don’t attend.

I'd like to see this one...
2 P.M. - Seminar by DOMAIN KING on MORONS!! GOD LOVE 'EM :-D

Domain summit 2024

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
clemzonguy said:
How's it coming along guys?

The first day of the show was EXTREMELY busy. I had hoped to have the day 1 wrap up posted by 8pm but didn't get it up until midnight (part of that due to some computer problems). Here is a link to our report with lots of photos: http://www.dnjournal.com/columns/traffic2004-day1.htm. It was a very impressive opening day. Everything is first class from top to bottom (people paid first class prices too of course, but I don't think anyone feels like they are getting shortchanged - seems to be a lot of happy campers).

P.S. I'm looking around for Adam Dicker but haven't been able to find him. He was supposed to be here. Anyone from the staff know if he made it?

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Advertising.org and Physicians.org to name just a few.

Isn't the conference all about DOT COM?

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update. I was anticipating it all day.
Rick & Howard do not appear as scary as people say.
Someone get me a Pool T-shirt!

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I wish I was there...too bad I have school and about 8000 miles in between me and Florida...

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
clemzonguy said:
Thanks for the update. I was anticipating it all day.
Rick & Howard do not appear as scary as people say.
Someone get me a Pool T-shirt!

They have both been very cordial hosts to everyone I have seen them interact with and they deserve a lot of credit for being able to bring all of these heavy hitters together from around the world. IMO whatever personality conflicts may exist between them and others doesn't diminish that (as it is something no one else has been able to do). Some people may have a legitimate beef with one or the other of them. I really don't know. I have friends on both sides of the fence so the only judgment I can make has to be based on my own interactions with them and those have been cordial and professional (I only met Howard for the first time today but he comes across as a very likeable guy and watching him moderate these seminars for hours it is obvious he is a very knowledgeable person - on a lot of topics).

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
At a different location, WinFreeCash posted this news thread.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/lo...in22oct22,0,2962119.story?coll=sfla-news-palm

Also, Duke sent me an email this morning saying that the conference
has been very informative.

But, he is getting very little sleep for the past two night. So, if tonights' report
sounds blur. He will do a full report on Sunday.

I asked him if he is wearing his cape at the conference. And, he told me
I would have to pay $ 5,000. to find out. (Just kidding.)

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Tomorrow around 11AM in the morning yell out really loud in the room hey is anyone bidding against me at Pool on xxxx.com. Make sure the Pool reps are not around when you do this.

Cash Is King

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Duke said:
P.S. I'm looking around for Adam Dicker but haven't been able to find him. He was supposed to be here. Anyone from the staff know if he made it?

I spoke with Adam yesterday via Instant Messenger. He must be tied up at the office.

namewaiter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Duke said:
but didn't get it up until midnight (part of that due to some computer problems).

sorry to hear that Duke (not sure what the pc had to do with it!), hope things work out better for you tonight :evil:

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Someone there should wear a tshirt with the Pool logo that says:

"I paid $x,xxx for a domain name at Pool.com that I can't get access to, and Pool says 'too bad, we have your money!' "

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
JuniperPark said:

"I paid $x,xxx for a domain name at Pool.com that I can't get access to, and Pool says 'too bad, we have your money!' "

Dale, it should say

"I paid $x,xxx for a domain name at Pool.com.
And, all I got was this crummy T-Shirt."

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
actnow said:
Dale, it should say

"I paid $x,xxx for a domain name at Pool.com.
And, all I got was this crummy T-Shirt."

Geez... wouldn't that be FUNNY to see a dozen people walking around with shirts like this, with the actual amount that they paid in the $x,xxx position. Maybe Pool would have second thoughts about treating customers badly?

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
JuniperPark said:
Geez... wouldn't that be FUNNY to see a dozen people walking around with shirts like this, with the actual amount that they paid in the $x,xxx position. Maybe Pool would have second thoughts about treating customers badly?

Come on now guys be nice. :rolleyes:

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Is it just me, or does (what we see of) the Pool table seem a bit like a joke?

Looks like a table, a blue tarp and they hung up a logo.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Steen said:
Is it just me, or does (what we see of) the Pool table seem a bit like a joke?

Looks like a table, a blue tarp and they hung up a logo.

They've screwed some people over for thousands of dollars. My guess is that the people behind the table:

1) Were just hired to hand out t-shirts and have no connection to the company and

2) Have been instructed to RUN LIKE HELL if anyone approaches the booth with any type of weapon.

chatcher

Crazy Chuck
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
JuniperPark said:

But not tonight. Tonight, Pool is buying the drinks!

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to let everyone know that our 2nd report covering today's activities will be posted very late tonight. A 7:30pm dinner will include some important news events (including announcement of auction and award winners) so we will stay on site to cover it so that information can be included in the day 2 wrap up. We won't be able to start editing photos and writing the column until after the dinner so it could be the wee hours of the morning before it is online. You might want to plan on enjoying it with your Saturday morning coffee!

I have so much extra material I haven't had time to put in the daily reports, including specifics from some of the seminars and discussions, that I am now planning to add a special report Sunday evening featuring previously unreported show highlights with additional photos.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
great article as usual Duke, all I can say is I wish I was there :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators