Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

The Best Path

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dingo

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Learning about monitizing domainz at a rapid rate I wouldn't mind a bit of advise from "Team Platinum" to prevent me heading down the wrong path.

Here's how I see it:

Starting out about 8 or 10 months ago my intention was to buy up around 1000 .co.nz domains that were still available or dropping and maintain such a portfolio with the odd sale and wait until little old new zealand caught up with the rest of the world and started realizing the commercial value of a "good" domain name.

Of course my opinion of what is now a "good" domain name has changed since then and on reflection I have ended up with a few "dogs" but het that's all in the learning.

It wasn't until I joined this forum that I was exposed to other ways of generating income from these domains ie capatilizing on traffic. We initially had all our domains pointing to our home page but have since started an account with DomainSponsor and we are now starting to see results.

I am ready and willing to invest in the future of this method of income but need to ber confident I am heading in the right direction.

If maximising the return from these names is the objective do I:

1. Build my own search page, point all my domains there and feed in results from an affiliate site?

2. Treat each domain individually and point them to specific affiliate sites?

3. Just have them all point to a generic pre-built landing page like domainsponsor and build up the traffic.

I am not asking for trade sectrets as I appreciate this is a competative field. Just a bit of guidance would be nice.

Thanks
Dingo

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Dingo: I've been doing #3, and then individually building them up via #2 if I can monetize them better than #3.

With #2, I've also made it such that if the surfers don't click the affiliate links, a new window pops up that goes to #3. You can see that in action, for instance at:

http://www.seeds.com/hf/

(try not clicking through to the sponsors, and see what happens) :)

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have a randomizing script on www.seeds.com, in a frame. :) I have a file that lists various sponsors, and it randomizes the traffic between them. It lets me test various ideas, etc.

I've uploaded it to:

http://www.loffs.com/images/random_link.zip

(it's PHP) The original website where I got it seems to be having technical problems. You should check for updates, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators