Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

this sux

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeavyLifting

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
forked over 800 DN bucks last night for some 'glow.' couldn't preview it because i was doing it on a mac (the only thing i could get my hands on at my location). mac OSX ignores whatever code is creating the glow.

now i see that the color stinks.

anybody care to make a charity donation to help me change the color?

i need to get back up to 800.

charlie

just a thought: perhaps those of us who spent $50 should be able to change these options, including avatar, as much as we want without restrictions. plat. memberships realy should unlock full features with no restictions.

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Same thing happened to me ... THREE times :eek: (I thought "changes" were free, either with Platinum and/or a certain number of minimum posts). Same with the avatar "changes/deletions". I've lost a LOT of DNF$ because of this ... but I'm hopeful that the issue is being addressed, clarified, and rectified in the very near future.
Thank you, in advance.
:cool:

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree. Changes should be free. Apparently they are free once you reach 1000 posts, so I'll be in "free land" soon enough.

Sharpy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
..it's a nice color andy

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by GeorgeK
I agree. Changes should be free. Apparently they are free once you reach 1000 posts, so I'll be in "free land" soon enough.

Apparently. NOT certainly! Be careful, George ... I found this was NOT (number of posts) the case, for both glow and avatar "changes". That's what I'm saying. :eek:
Thanks.

HeavyLifting

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i mean honestly - how hard would it be to let platinum members have control of their avatar, glow, etc? that way we don't have to mess around with "DNBucks" which really aren't the focus of any serious domain player (as platinum members presumably are).

i strongly recommend giving plat members more control.

charlie

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
"laps.com"

You know, I would love to see cyber "lap dances" @ Laps.com!! :eek: PS. Looove your new glow. :D
Be patient here.
See you.

tigga

DNF Regular
Reaction score
I agree - surely it's not that difficult to let Platinum members change their avatar, glow etc as often as they want.

RON2

@domainbuyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Android
that way we don't have to mess around with "DNBucks" which really aren't the focus of any serious domain player (as platinum members presumably are).

I wouldn't think avatars and glowing usernames are the focus of "serious domain players" either. :)

Making it free to get a glow would only cheapen it's prestige value, because everyone could have it. I like it the way it is pretty much. I believe the store is set so once you have 800 DNF$, you can change your avatar as you want without paying again.

DrWho

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by GeorgeK

I don't believe the "glow" is free after 1000 posts. Only the avatar.

MODS / Gregr: Please verify this information.

Thanks

Dr.

HeavyLifting

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by -RJ-

I believe the store is set so once you have 800 DNF$, you can change your avatar as you want without paying again.

that would be great. but i think you have to fork over $800 every time. so if you uploaded the wrong avatar - tuff titties. you'd have to wait until you can generate another $800.

RON2

@domainbuyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Android

that would be great. but i think you have to fork over $800 every time. so if you uploaded the wrong avatar - tuff titties. you'd have to wait until you can generate another $800.

Maybe it's a glitch or maybe it's supposed to be set like this, but as long as you have 800 DNF$ the store doesn't charge you for changing the avatar. You have to have the 800 and it says it's going to charge you, but it doesn't.

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Charged me too, RJ ... on MANY an occasion (and for "glow", as well)!! Grrr. :eek:

PS. Sending 800 DNF$ to Android to fix his "glow" ... that color is way too dark, and it's bugging the heck out of me. Don't mention it! :)
:cool:

HeavyLifting

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
coolhost:

because you hooked me up for no reason, choose any one (1) of the following domains and it's yours for free if you want:

4-1-1.net
powerlifter.net
wlab.net
wwwtv.net
searchparty.net

llew

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
How come you only had to pay 800 dnf$ for glow? The price is 1200 dnf$ when I go to the reward store.

HeavyLifting

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yeah i guess it is 1200. hmmm. so despite coolhost's amazing gesture, i'm still 4 hundy away. just gonn have to see my crap glow for a bit longer i guess. silly.

coolhost : any interest in one of those domains above?

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Enjoy!
PS. Pick a "lighter" colored GLOW. :D
See you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators