Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Time of Domain Names Drop

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

knowit

Hello to all. Does anybody know the exact time of normal domain names are dropping from the registry? If the domain is place on hold, what is the normal timetable it will be available for registration? What about names in purge? When it will become available? Please your favorite url for name in purge. Thank you so much.

Lats

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by knowit
Hello to all. Does anybody know the exact time of normal domain names are dropping from the registry?
I've read somewhere that's it's around 5:00am New York time.

The other is anyones guess.

Lats...

E

EroGenius

Do a search for "drop time" (or other keywords) using the SEARCH feature button at the top-rightside of this web page. I think "drop time" has been a topic that has come up time and time and time again. And its different for assorted registerars. Generally around 30-40 days, many folks tend not to want to talk about it as it falls under the classification of "trade secrets" for domain scoopers. I remember sitting torterously waiting for one domain to "drop" for a good long time.

In one case I "got my man", the other... I was so bleary eyed and trigger-fingered, I "fell asleep", and someone nabbed it on me. Also, irritatingly, there were different responses from different registrars as to whether the name had finally "dropped". Network Solutions had me actually go through the entire "registeration" process before refusing to accept my payment (because by then, though it refused to admit it, someone using Register.com had already reserved the name).

Even Register.com and NameBargain have taken up my time while NOT actually reserving names properly.

Its still the wild west I feel. As Andy Grove, chairman of Intel once said, "Only the paranoid survive." So, keep searching, watching, and never fall asleep.

(Why does that sound like some type of Gypsy curse?)

~ EroGenius

buddy

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by WilliamC
I have seen the most drops occur between 4-5am EST

Are you talking about now or before?

E

EroGenius

I've seen them drop around 2 am EST too. --Again though (unless anyone else thinks differently), I think it may vary depending on a number of criteria.

~ EroGenius

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators