Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Tips on choosing expired domains (before Back-order)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pixelman

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I think one of our purposes to acquire an expired domain is to sell it later. Probably we can start composing a list of tips here. :) Below are my 2 cents:

Before you decide to Back-Order this domain...

1. Choose the .com name, which has the .net and .org versions registered (belong to different owner). These .net/.org owners might be interested in your .com domain. But please check their web sites as well. If it is very poorly developed, they may not have the budget for getting a better domain name too. ;)

2. Check and see if the domain is listed in Yahoo or get a higher ranking in famous search engines. You know why...

3. Join the SnapNames affiliate program. Use your affiliate account to order the SnapBack credit. You earn commission and this will $ave your money.

4. Send a test mail to the administrative contact e-mail. If it gets bounced back, there will be a higher chance that the owners will forget to renew the domain. :evil:

5. please add... anyone?

URLtrader

Domain Champ
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Check the whois carefully from different sites ( nsi.com and
register.com for example) to make sure that the name is about to expire. I have had chance when one whois records differed about the expiration date . Before you spend your $$$ just be sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators