Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Tired Of Parking..Where Do I Start

Status
Not open for further replies.

nattydomain

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have over 500 domains and all are parked. Some at ParkingPanel, 95% at Parked and the rest at Whypark. Avg between all is about Med $XX per month.

Im looking to develop some of my better names and wonder which route to go. Is there any sites I can sign up with, use my domain and add THERE "products" and just use it as an e-commece style site?

What services are you using that is being used better then just sitting parked.

Thanx

HomerJ

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi, if ya'll could send me pm's too that would be great. i find myself in a similar position. all parked and looking to develop more. thanks

SEO Domainer

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
For specific product domains you can try BANS and enjoy the eBay commissions.

meetmydomains

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I too am a BANS user on several domains... with a bit of elbow grease - meaning spending 8-12 hours optimizing the categories that are BANS default, you can make pretty good money through them.

I have a blog that I have outlined step by step ways to build a store from nothing to a finished product. where I have documented the process... on everything you need, what steps to take etc.

All in all I still only have about 12-15 optimized BANS stores up myself, but this is due to a family emergency I am dealing with... I still have about 150 more of my own to get done.

I have also started using associate-o-matic on one site, but not quite there as far as it making anything yet.

The BANS stores dont do too well when left in their raw form, all you are doing is duplicating what hundreds of others are doing... point, click, install, wait and hope = no money! If you want to make money with them, you MUST make the menu tree different and optimize it!

Earnings have grown to low $XXXX per month in less than 6 months on the 12-15 sites.

PM if you need more info.

Also - I am STILL trying to find a way to monetizxe 300 Real EState related domains without PPC. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. MLS feeds or FSBO feeds on a city specific level would be wonderful!

Mark

Last edited by a moderator:

nattydomain

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Good points everyone thanx.....Im goin to review some tomorrow as im at work now and see if I can move foward in 2008 with these domains without trying to sell each one :)

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I too am a BANS user on several domains... with a bit of elbow grease - meaning spending 8-12 hours optimizing the categories that are BANS default, you can make pretty good money through them.

I have a blog that I have outlined step by step ways to build a store from nothing to a finished product. http://www.thenichestorebuilder.com/build-a-niche-store-process-series.htm is where I have documented the process... on everything you need, what steps to take etc.

All in all I still only have about 12-15 optimized BANS stores up myself, but this is due to a family emergency I am dealing with... I still have about 150 more of my own to get done.

I have also started using associate-o-matic on one site, but not quite there as far as it making anything yet.

The BANS stores dont do too well when left in their raw form, all you are doing is duplicating what hundreds of others are doing... point, click, install, wait and hope = no money! If you want to make money with them, you MUST make the menu tree different and optimize it!

Earnings have grown to low $XXXX per month in less than 6 months on the 12-15 sites.

PM if you need more info.

Also - I am STILL trying to find a way to monetizxe 300 Real EState related domains without PPC. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. MLS feeds or FSBO feeds on a city specific level would be wonderful!

Mark

Hi Mark,

Can you post your BANS website here so we can check it. I have some for example www.AnimeForsale.com, www.GPSdrive.com, etc. but I think I'm not maximizing the use of bans scripts.

I've got email from BANS admin, they will release v3 soon.

Regards,
Em

EM @MAJ.com

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
PHP:
<?php

/*

Created by Global Syndication's RSS Parser

http://www.globalsyndication.com/rss-parser

*/

set_time_limit(0);

$file = "http://rss.api.ebay.com/ws/rssapi?FeedName=SearchResults&siteId=0&language=en-US&output=RSS20&catref=C5&salic=1&saprclo=1&saaff=afcj&sacur=0&ftrv=1&ftrt=1&fcl=3&fsop=1&fsoo=1&afcj=1965795&frpp=1&from=R6&satitle=microsoft&saslop=1&sacat=6000&fss=0";

$rss_channel = array();

$currently_writing = "";

$main = "";

$item_counter = 0;

function startElement($parser, $name, $attrs) {

global $rss_channel, $currently_writing, $main;

switch($name) {

case "RSS":

case "RDF:RDF":

case "ITEMS":

$currently_writing = "";

break;

case "CHANNEL":

$main = "CHANNEL";

break;

case "IMAGE":

$main = "IMAGE";

$rss_channel["IMAGE"] = array();

break;

case "ITEM":

$main = "ITEMS";

break;

default:

$currently_writing = $name;

break;

}

}

function endElement($parser, $name) {

global $rss_channel, $currently_writing, $item_counter;

$currently_writing = "";

if ($name == "ITEM") {

$item_counter++;

}

}

function characterData($parser, $data) {

global $rss_channel, $currently_writing, $main, $item_counter;

if ($currently_writing != "") {

switch($main) {

case "CHANNEL":

if (isset($rss_channel[$currently_writing])) {

$rss_channel[$currently_writing] .= $data;

} else {

$rss_channel[$currently_writing] = $data;

}

break;

case "IMAGE":

if (isset($rss_channel[$main][$currently_writing])) {

$rss_channel[$main][$currently_writing] .= $data;

} else {

$rss_channel[$main][$currently_writing] = $data;

}

break;

case "ITEMS":

if (isset($rss_channel[$main][$item_counter][$currently_writing])) {

$rss_channel[$main][$item_counter][$currently_writing] .= $data;

} else {

$rss_channel[$main][$item_counter][$currently_writing] = $data;

}

break;

}

}

}

$xml_parser = xml_parser_create();

xml_set_element_handler($xml_parser, "startElement", "endElement");

xml_set_character_data_handler($xml_parser, "characterData");

if (!($fp = fopen($file, "r"))) {

die("could not open XML input");

}

while ($data = fread($fp, 4096)) {

if (!xml_parse($xml_parser, $data, feof($fp))) {

die(sprintf("XML error: %s at line %d",

xml_error_string(xml_get_error_code($xml_parser)),

xml_get_current_line_number($xml_parser)));

}

}

xml_parser_free($xml_parser);

// output HTML

// print ("<div class=\"channelname\">" . $rss_channel["TITLE"] . "</div>"); 

if (isset($rss_channel["ITEMS"])) {

if (count($rss_channel["ITEMS"]) > 0) {

for($i = 0;$i < count($rss_channel["ITEMS"]);$i++) {

if (isset($rss_channel["ITEMS"][$i]["LINK"])) {

print ("\n<div class=\"itemtitle\"><a target='new' rel='nofollow' href=\"" . "" . $rss_channel["ITEMS"][$i]["LINK"] . "\">" . $rss_channel["ITEMS"][$i]["TITLE"] . "</a></div>");

} else {

print ("\n<div class=\"itemtitle\">" . $rss_channel["ITEMS"][$i]["TITLE"] . "</div>");

}

print ("<div class=\"itemdescription\">" . $rss_channel["ITEMS"][$i]["DESCRIPTION"] . "</div><br />");         }

} else {

print ("<b>There are no articles in this feed.</b>");

}

}

?>
http://rss.api.ebay.com/ws/rssapi?F...H-I-S-K-E-Y-W-O-R-D&saslop=1&sacat=6000&fss=0

Also change the affilite code, but i can't remeber what part of that is the aff code.

SEO Domainer

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
how do you earn comission? for directing traffic to ebay or only if someone signs up for a new account?

Between 50% and 75% of eBay's Revenue (not item sale price) on ALL Winning Bids or Buy It Nows (BINs) within 7 days of an affiliate action AND up to $35.00 for each active registered user!

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
can this be used on wordpress?....isnt there a plugin for that?

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
http://www.ex-amish.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17

Here is the VB rss at work :)

One thing about RSS is that the it helps keep the image of updated content, so that the search engines will index it... Even if you don't make much on the ebay links, but have adsense on the site, it should work well.

One thing about CJ that I found though, is that they will cut off your account after 6 month if you have no sales to any of the offers that they have. You need to have a sale every 6 month to keep this going. That could ofcorse be a "sign up" to a program by one of your friend, which only requires an email/phone number Etc.... And this is exactly what I was told from CJ on the phone.

meetmydomains

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the slow reply...

In regard to a BANS WP Plugin, I dont think there is one available yet. The script does however allow you to mod a template system (Header & footer files) that can be incorporated into an existing WP site.

Like I said above... the MOST important thing with BANS is making it unique to what hundreds of others are already doing. Two sites for example that I use as an acid test...

www.racecars-forsale.com : Raw, default BANS. Averages 45-50 monthly visitors with little to no marketing. I have 5-6 inbound links from discussions like this. Total time to build site including setting up hosting, database, etc- 1 hour.

www.getaracecar.com : SAME eBay category, modified templates, added several SEO related sections and built out the menus in relation to what Word tracker told me people were looking for. 160-200 daily visitors, 450-500 daily page views, 30-35% clickthrough, 14% conversion.

Time to install: 1 hour, time to customize template, 6-8 hours, time to SEO optimize, 8-12 hours. In total about 2.5 days of time spread over a full week.

The above are two extremes. So how about:

www.carolinacloseout.com - optimized, 110-120 daily visitors, overall 14% conversion.
www.carolinacloseouts.com - non-optimized, 12-15 daily visitors, -1% conversion.

www.earnhardt88.com - 50% optimized, 4 hour build/launch time the rest comes over the first 30 days, hour here, hour there etc, site gets about 80-100 uniques each day converts 12-14%.

I have more... but its time for another cup of coffee!!

Mark

EM @MAJ.com

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That's impressive templates for BANS.

How did you track the page impressions?

Are you available for customization templates e.g. www.phonehandy.com www.animeforsale.com, etc. I have some BANS that needs template/SEO modification. How much your rate per site?

Send me pm for details.
Regards,
Em

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom