Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Tired Of Parking..Where Do I Start

Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain summit 2024

nattydomain

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the slow reply...

In regard to a BANS WP Plugin, I dont think there is one available yet. The script does however allow you to mod a template system (Header & footer files) that can be incorporated into an existing WP site.

Like I said above... the MOST important thing with BANS is making it unique to what hundreds of others are already doing. Two sites for example that I use as an acid test...

www.racecars-forsale.com : Raw, default BANS. Averages 45-50 monthly visitors with little to no marketing. I have 5-6 inbound links from discussions like this. Total time to build site including setting up hosting, database, etc- 1 hour.

www.getaracecar.com : SAME eBay category, modified templates, added several SEO related sections and built out the menus in relation to what Word tracker told me people were looking for. 160-200 daily visitors, 450-500 daily page views, 30-35% clickthrough, 14% conversion.

Time to install: 1 hour, time to customize template, 6-8 hours, time to SEO optimize, 8-12 hours. In total about 2.5 days of time spread over a full week.

The above are two extremes. So how about:

www.carolinacloseout.com - optimized, 110-120 daily visitors, overall 14% conversion.
www.carolinacloseouts.com - non-optimized, 12-15 daily visitors, -1% conversion.

www.earnhardt88.com - 50% optimized, 4 hour build/launch time the rest comes over the first 30 days, hour here, hour there etc, site gets about 80-100 uniques each day converts 12-14%.

I have more... but its time for another cup of coffee!!

Mark

Ok so i checked out this BANS....Let me see if I got this....

I sign up with CJ.com to become first an ebay affiliate.

Then i pay $97 for BANS to "open" up my site (does this include unlimited webistes IE: seperate stores for each domain name??)

Now I have to pay for seperate hosting (which i hate because im SUCK at trying to upload a site to any host)

Now if people CLICK on the item i get paid...if they Bid on the item i get paid..if they WIN i get paid.

Seems great except how many people will CLICK on the links instead if just goin to ebay themselves....And how many think that YOU are the ones selling the items in the auction....

Thank for all the suggestions as it seems to be helping out others

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You get paid when someone won the bid and create an account through your affiliates.

Question is how many traffic you have for your website?

EG.domains

GenericDomainMarket.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Which feed would be better for type-in product domains ( EX: uggboots.com , ipodtouch.com , etc.. ) ?

eBay, Amazon, something else..

meetmydomains

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the slow reply... I spent a few days travelling.

Just to clarify a few things about the BANS product... (read sig link for a plethora of info on BANS)

First - it is NOT a be-all, end-all product! It requires a small bit of time to get optimized (8-12 hours per site) and if you want a custom template, you need to have a small bit of html or graphic experience.

It is not a free script... it is also not mine! I found it while trying to monetize in different ways and have just fallen in love with it (Dont tell my wife). I have developed a few copy/paste MODS for it that helps my own sites do better...

I have a blog (sig link) where I do nothing but try to help other users get the most of their purchase. I have been a developer for many years with a focus on SEO for about 7 years. My Niche Store Builder blog is just a way to help the community of users... and yes, some of my outbound links DO contain affiliate codes.

That being said...

When I look for ways to monetize, I want to see a few things in ANY script or product I use. It MUST promote deep indexing... BANS does. It MUST be dynamic, meaning the content changes automatically via RSS or some other method. BANS changes every minute! It MUST have a way to modify the layout and menu system so it can be differentiated from everyone else using the same script. BANS does this also with the use of simple header and footer files.

I wrote a series of posts on the blog (http://www.thenichestorebuilder.com/build-a-niche-store-process-series.htm) that takes a user from "What is an internets?" to "Built my first store" in a very detailed walkthrough. Its not perfect, but it is a good start for anyone.

To succeed with BANS you must have:

A domain, hosting (Hostgator is great at $9/mo), and the BANS product. The first site you develop will likely take 1-2 weeks to complete... after you get 2-3 sites under your belt, you will be able to push out a new site (New Domain) 2-3 times a week, in very short order.

You get paid when someone goes from your site to eBay and makes a purchase or registers to buy on eBay. Someone asked WHY would anyone look here versus just going direct to eBay? I actually wondered the same thing on my first site and found that not only do MANY people go through the site, MANY people sign up for accounts as well! I thought EVERYONE had an ebay account but I was wrong and have about 15-20 monthly signups @$25 each.

When someone bids or buys, you earn 50% of the ebay fees... If the product sold for $100 and eBay fees were $5.00, you earn $2.50 on the sale. Believe me, it adds up quickly!

The product is a pure middleman product. The majority of ebay users do nothing to optimize their listings and depend solely on ebay traffic to sell their stuff. With BANS, just a small bit of optimization will get the search engine traffic in the 4 figure visitors range each month... once they click through to ebay, they have 7 days to purchase ANYTHING and you get credit. I have had people go through the sites and buy all kinds of stuff, completely unrelated to the niche site... cha-ching!

Anyhow - sorry for the long winded reply. BANS has driven many of our sites from no indexing to 200 pages in the index in less than 30 days. Traffic is up... earnings are up. It was the best $97 I have made yet in regard to monetizing.

Mark

Keyboard Cowboy

Positioning / Publishing
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There isn't. When you have purchased a license, you can go nuts with as many names you want

KMEDIA

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mr. Deleted,

You simply buy license to the script and you can use it on unlimited domains.

Hard to say if it will do good. From what I read type-in traffic converts very well if its targetted "buying" the product and/or very generic.

steveto

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This BANS thing looks real perfect for a lot of the domains I have, but I can't find out if it is possible to use it as a section of the website instead of using it to BE the whole site.

Also, is it possible to use all 4 ebay regions to broaden the possibility of referrals...like maybe have a splash page with flags of each region so that each person can click on their respective location and also alternatively click back and try another listing?

KMEDIA

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
steveto,

You can either use it on a subdomain (store.domain.com) or implement it in a folder (domain.com/store).

Yes, you can. Simply install the different scripts in different folders like:

domain.com/us
domain.com/au
etc

or again, as subdomains with links poiting to those on domain.com.

steveto

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
crap..forgot one other question..

is this ONLY for ebay or can you incorporate other stuff like Amazon or whatever?

meetmydomains

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have also seen it used on WP as a store link in a horizontal menu at the top of pages. This keeps consistent navigation across all sections of a site and gives users a way to escape to the blog or news sections at will.

In regard to other ad programs. You can use anything with it...

You are only at the mercy of your developer or how far you want to go!

Mark

permood

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
did any newbie had sucess with BANS? would like to share your pain/gain. Thanks in advance.

nattydomain

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I bought it....and must of messed up cause it looks like shit LOL.....looking for help myself.

TiffanyR

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
similar to what Ive done and that's simply park my own pages, using AdSense, and The Golden can feed, with cj.com , share a sale, linkssyngery and a few others, all that's different on the pages are the titles and keywords, Ive almost got them across all my domains now and they are doing quite well, the root index has to be php, and then using a search portal back end, powered off www.theaddresses.com

Thus here are examples:

http://www.dollarsmachines.com/

http://www.daddysforums.com/

http://www.yourfoul.com/

and many more

profezor

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Tif,

what do u mean - quite well? as compared to normal parking? 25% better or 250% better?

profezor

DomainMagnate

Domain Magnate™
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Great examples there!

So far I've been just building autoupdating blogs on my domains that I don't park, like these:
www.coriander.com
www.krom.com
www.venetian.info

They get indexed well in google and traffic is growing, but adsense ctr and clicks are pretty low, so I might look into building some niche stores as well..

What % commissions do you get on ebay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators