Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Top 5 Registrars

Status
Not open for further replies.

uuallan

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Does anyone track the top 5 registrars in terms of domains registered?

I'm sure it includes Verisign, OpeSRS, Register.com, but I am not sure who the last two would be, or what order they are in.

Any thoughts?

Domain summit 2024

uuallan

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I found the information I was looking for, it is in the SnapName SOTD newsletter. I thought that just had number of domains registered, but it also have top registrars, which are (in order):

Verisign
Register.com
Tucows
BulkRegister
MelbourneIT

DnPowerful

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
MelbourneIT????

At $35 per year in this, the year 2002.

I'd say they're dropping off that list with a BULLET! :laugh:

Originally posted by DnPowerful

I'd say they're dropping off that list with a BULLET! :laugh:

Their registration numbers have been growing, and their ranking has been getting better so perhaps they're doing a bit of discounting also. After all others such enom.com list $29.95 as their price and how many people pay that?

Melb IT were very popular in the pre registrar chasing days (i.e. before signature domains started the ball rolling) so there will be a lot of domain speculator domains still swimming there.

Their reseller pricing is pretty good - I pay $8 per reg with them.

AMERICAR

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The Registrars mentioned are retail registrations.

Which would be fair enough for a business or a private registration.

They want security and peace of mind, $10 or $35, makes no difference, they go to the established recognised Registrars.

Wholesale dealer prices are a different ball game, Netsol gives you no user features, neither does Melbit, Register.com does but it costs for premium features.

When you transfer out of Register.com they immediatly offer you a $12 renewal fee to stay with them, which is generaly to late because you have already paid another registrar whatever upfront to transfer the name to them.

I didnt see a lot registrars mentioned here, the fastest growing has to be Enom with it's huge share of the reseller programs that they offer.

I think that you should all use www.dreamname.com and keep it in the community, at least you can get an immediate response from member GOH, and he will help out any time with personal service.

It costs $8.80 to use www.dreamname .com, and you get every available option to use, redirect, free web page, etc.

:swg:

Those stats listed above were for .com/.net/.org/.biz/.info/.name registrations.

For just .com/.net/.org, the March State of the domain report ranks the top 5 in order as:

Verisign
Tucows
Register
Bulkregister
MIT

RCOM falls to third place if you look at just the big 3 TLD's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators