Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed Two domains

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lil78

Hi, I'm new to domains names.

I just recently purchased two domains and would like feedback on what it may be worth:

goflyair.com
unexpecting.com

Thanks!

Lil

Domain summit 2024

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
goflyair is really bad. Not sure why you registered it.

unexpecting is not a word.

$0 $0

L

lil78

:-(

I thought they may be worth a little, even though not much.

With goflyair I thought it would make a nice travel site and is a name that is easy to brand.

Do you think that these are worth hanging on to and may be worth something 5-10 years later?

Thanks

Lil

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Lil - Welcome!

Sorry to bring two $0 appraisals in the housewarming basket, but most newcomers got the same thing (including me) so don't feel bad! It takes a little time to understand what makes a good domain name that has a chance to resell above the reg fee - but the answers are all here so stick around!

.com.net.org

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You just have good experience with domain names.
No Reg, No Learn :D

draqon

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Lil,

Sorry to be harsh but those names are not worth anything now, nor will they be worth anything in the future. You should try to avoid two mistakes that newbies always seem to make. First, is registering made-up phrases like goflyair, and the other is registering domains composed of words that no one ever uses. Unexpecting might be a word, but if it is, almost no human in the world uses it. The only one-word domains that are worth anything have to be commonly used words, or commercially valuable words. Unexpecting doesnt mean anything at all.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by lil78
:-(

I thought they may be worth a little, even though not much.

With goflyair I thought it would make a nice travel site and is a name that is easy to brand.

Do you think that these are worth hanging on to and may be worth something 5-10 years later?

Thanks

Lil

It is a good idea to stay completely away from three-word domains (even twos need two very strong words that both add value to the term). There is no such thing as "easy" to brand. Branding a product or name takes hundreds of thousands of dollars and a good deal of time. If a company wants to go to that kind of trouble, they will make up their own name rather than buy a "brandable" name from someone else.

I do not think either of these names will have any value down the line. .com is already the dominant extension, so if they were going to be valuable they would be valuable now.

I would let them expire or sell them for whatever you can get out of them and chalk it up to experience (already done that with more than a few names myself). Good luck!

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
welcome!

DomainPairs

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
If it makes you feel any better lil, my FlyMeTo.com got a $0 as well, and I still think it's a good name.

Go fly air is really only useful if you have an airline called "Air". or if you're selling an intoxicating gas inhaler.

You could try selling it as a travel site for the highlands of Scotland or the benefits of sniffing ozone.

DotComster

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hiya and don't mind us too much

I have had over 10 domain appraisales here - all added to zero, if I got a reply at all - but some of their owners like them anyway ;)

You can only learn, and have fun to.

William9

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Welcome lil78.

For my first appraisal request, I got “minus reg fee”. So you are already doing better than me!

L

lil78

Thanks for all the encouraging feedback and tips!

No biggie if my two domains are worth nothing, I'll try harder next time :D

I just spent a couple of hours reading some of the old posts on this forum and felt I had learnt a lot already. This is a great forum!

Lil

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators