Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Ultsearch

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomainSage

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
What the heck does Ultsearch use that allows it to catch dropped names so fast?

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The million dollar question.

RMF

davidthornton

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DomainSage
What the heck does Ultsearch use that allows it to catch dropped names so fast?

Quite simply anything and everything.

So what did you miss? ;)

davidthornton

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Any specific service?

Well let's see... I have seen him catch names with:

Snapnames.com affiliated registrars
Namewinner.com
BookMyName.com (France)

Sweeps via INWW (Australia)

and let's presume he does, or has the ability to, buy RRP access pretty much everywhere - either at registrar level or via the various 'front ends' offering this. You can search this forum for a list of those.

If you want a name, throw as much money as you can everywhere you can.

ShaunP

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
... smart people call it hard work! Ultsearch didn't just get into the drop game ... they were one of the first! Most of those that have been chasing names for a long time ... have a lot of admiration for what UltSearch has accomplished.

...and the rest just say ... gee ... UltSearch is lucky .. or cheating .. or ... blah .. blah .. blah ...

RacerX

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by aactive
... smart people call it hard work! Ultsearch didn't just get into the drop game ... they were one of the first!

Hardly! He was late to the game, circa late 1998, a year or more after the real gamers ran the tables...

ShaunP

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"Hardly! He was late to the game, circa late 1998, a year or more after the real gamers ran the tables..."

Racer X

Racer ... in relation to the amount of people in the drop game by 2000 .. and today ... they were in early. My point is... the fact of how well they have done and are doing, is .. commendable ...

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
>RacerX: Hardly! He was late to the game, circa late 1998, a year or more after the real gamers ran the tables...

No offense, I don't think there was any REAL drop game before the year 2000 when even by then I was still able to grab decent names BY HAND (i.e. without using any script or third-party service).

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
One way to beat Ultsearch and every other drop expert is to buy a name from the registrant before it even enters the drop cycle.

If you make contact with a registrant whose name is nearing expiration, you of course run the risk that the person had forgotten about the renewal, and will quickly pay for another year.

But the potential gain outweighs this risk because at times a registrant will be happy to sell their name(s) to you for a good price.

dmyre

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was watching a name daily that wasn't snapped and ultsearch regged it pretty quick. I even bid on it through namewinner, but still didn't get it. :confused:

It sucks.....

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If I had the money to spend on domains like UltSearch does, im sure I would be doing just as good as them!.

RMF

ShaunP

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by RMF
If I had the money to spend on domains like UltSearch does, im sure I would be doing just as good as them!.

RMF

ya okay ... wake up! It's like a soup kitchen patron saying ... "If I had as much money as Donald Trump .. I'd do as good as him"! Maybe, if you put the time, effort and money that Ultsearch has ... you could be as good as them ...

Kid Kool

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by fizz
One way to beat Ultsearch and every other drop expert is to buy a name from the registrant before it even enters the drop cycle.

If you make contact with a registrant whose name is nearing expiration, you of course run the risk that the person had forgotten about the renewal, and will quickly pay for another year.

But the potential gain outweighs this risk because at times a registrant will be happy to sell their name(s) to you for a good price.

i would NEVER do this. If the name is worth chasing then there is no way the owner knows the name is dropping unless he has no control over it due to odd circumstances. i would rather chase the name for $100 in the drops then have to buy it at 5k

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by kidkool
i would NEVER do this. If the name is worth chasing then there is no way the owner knows the name is dropping unless he has no control over it due to odd circumstances. i would rather chase the name for $100 in the drops then have to buy it at 5k

I certainly agree with you kidkool on a $100 name that it's more fun to chase it in the drops, especially if the drop experts aren't interested in it, otherwise as we all know it's game over before you can blink.

I'm referring to the top generics where the SnapBack slot was taken years ago and the bidding at NameWinner, NicG and DropCatcher would be thousands of dollars if the name ever hit the delete cycle.

And if the WLS happens next year, the top name hunters of the future aren't going to be those with the best scripts; it's going to be those with the best negotiating skills with a registrant, and not necessarily those with the biggest wallets.

Nic

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ultsearch is Netsol's mistress. She always gets what she wants

DomainSage

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
What is INWW?

And why doesn't bookmyname.com work at all? Is there another site?

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
INWW = Melbourne IT

Just my 0.02

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What is INWW?

It's short for MELBOURNE IT, LTD. D/B/A INTERNET NAMES WORLDWIDE

Kid Kool

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by fizz

I certainly agree with you kidkool on a $100 name that it's more fun to chase it in the drops, especially if the drop experts aren't interested in it, otherwise as we all know it's game over before you can blink.

I'm referring to the top generics where the SnapBack slot was taken years ago and the bidding at NameWinner, NicG and DropCatcher would be thousands of dollars if the name ever hit the delete cycle.

No you misunderstood. i would never chase a $100 name in the drops. If a name is not worth more than $100, i don't believe it is worth chasing, period. Might be worth picking up if you noticed nobody got it, but nothing that i would monitor for long periods of time.

i'm saying that if a name is worth 5-10,000 why would you email the registrant when you could get the same name for $100 in the drops? You might not get it, but you have a better chance especially if it is a great name. i would never bid thousands for a name at namewinner anyway. i would rather pay $1000 for someone to write a script for me and compete for them myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators