Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

VBulletin and VBSEO for new website

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecomindia

e-commerce.in
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi All,
Very soon, by Q3 end, I want to start a domain discussion board and after reading the articles, found VBulletin & VBSEO to be very popular and effective.

So, to start, I will need to buy 1 license of VBulletin and 1 license of VBSEO plugin.. Correct?

I was going thru the vbseo website and in the url ( http://www.vbseo.com/usercp/customer_profile/ ), there is a offer mentioned "vBulletin 4, the most powerful community software + vBSEO 3.5, the ultimate SEO solution = Your ultimate platform for 2010 and beyond. Click below to learn more." .. so after clicking on purchase, it took me to a tab of $149 .. Is it for both VBulletin & VBSeo or only vbseo.

I am a little confused here, but will request your help in making me understand on VBSEO & VBULLETIN....

thanks in advance...

GreenT

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The price mentioned there is for vBSEO, basically a vBulletin add-on, only. You will need to purchase a separate license for vBulletin on their web site.

vBulletin is the actual bulletin board software, based on non-encrypted PHP scripts. It is very easy to extend through plug-ins (or so-called "products"), and people find it easy to use as the concept is familiar to everyone who's ever used a discussion board of some kind. vBSEO is a set of plug-ins for vBulletin that extends vBulletin's SEO features (canonical "SEO-friendly" URLs, better social services interaction etc., keyword-rich descriptions, text replacements, methods to overcome duplicate content penalties etc.) --- it's the no. 1 choice for most vBulletin admins.

vBulletin (also running this site) & vbSEO are probably the best choice if you intend to start from scratch. At least vBSEO has helped me a lot on my own projects...

ecomindia

e-commerce.in
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am sorry, I am bit late on this thread.
But better late then never (as I was stuck with other things)

So it means, cost will be vbulletin license + vbSEO lincese.

To customzie, i will check with them and the cost to it..

Thanks a ton.. and yes, if any one here comes to know about any running offers on it, please do let me know!!

ecomindia

e-commerce.in
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
finally , approx after 1 yr, bought a vbbulletin license from a user @ <90$ with about 6 month of support.
will try to build a small forum for discussion on domains - dnthread (.) com later this year...

bwhhisc

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
will try to build a small forum for discussion on domains - dnthread (.) com later this year...

For Indian Domain names ie Hindi, Bengali local languages?

You have any gut feel that the upcoming local language idn.com (as idn.idn) will be popular or sites in local language content will do well with page rank?

ecomindia

e-commerce.in
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i am optimistic on indian market. % of literate, % of computer literacy, % of computer owners are increasing considering populations of 1.2 billion

said that, the domain will be english only. when the idn market will come, will come ... and will see. thanks.

bwhhisc

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i am optimistic on indian market. % of literate, % of computer literacy, % of computer owners are increasing considering populations of 1.2 billion.

said that, the domain will be english only. when the idn market will come, will come ... and will see. thanks.

The cellphone will be the "computer" of the masses, with 1 billion plus population local language domains could have a BIG audience. ;)

ecomindia

e-commerce.in
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
very true, cellphone is gaining @ higher rate then computer/pc/tab put all together.
indian mobile subscribers base have already crossed 800 million mark this year where as computer users in India is 75 million , a 1:10 ratio approx.

but, if we talk about websites, mobile is still a long way to go in terms of support to ever changing trend, understanding of users in updating/installing the softwares, even website to be mobile based/compatible (long long way to go)...

keeping hindi names or regional name domains will not help my interest and base of this thread - domaining!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators