Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

vbulletin blog?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julio

DominioNombres.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Is the vbulletin blog considered as a real blog? Does google and other search engines see it as a blog or a forum?

Domain summit 2024

FuseFX

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Is the vbulletin blog considered as a real blog? Does google and other search engines see it as a blog or a forum?
Are you talking about the vBulletin blog script? http://www.vbulletin.com/features_blog.php

I think it is a pretty kick-*** blogging software and has virtually every feature that you may want -- including trackbacks and rss. I think you will have no problems with google considering it a blog.

And quite frankly, what matters are the incoming links and the strength of your site rather than what google considers your site to be.

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is it considered as a real blog.

FuseFX

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Can you describe a "real" blog?

Julio

DominioNombres.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks Everyone,

I purchased vblog a week ago and i'm really like it. I wanted it because of the integration with vbulletin.

Ehsan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Its pretty good if you want to integrate a blogging platform into your forum they are soon going to release version 2.0 with much more improvements !

Raize

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Vbulletin is now old news. The blogging script sucks...it doesn't even look anything like a blog and it slows the rest of your forum down.

Julio

DominioNombres.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
vBlog 2.0 is about to come out. I've had vblog installed on my vps hosting and it is working good and i haven't noticed a slow down.

Raize

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
vBulletin is a software which is very limited by its out of date architecture...although it is the number one forum software out there, the technological potential of the software peaked several years ago. think internet explorer before firefox came along.

GetDNname

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Some big VB forums are using these VB blogs, but I think not for SEO or as real blogs, but mostly for users who want to post their off-topic ramblings which do not go to any other forum sections.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The point is, do people actually use it? They (incl. myself as a user) may try it out for fun, but if less than say a few percent of your active members (excl. staff) actually use it (I mean by posting more than once or twice), what's point of installing and running it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom