Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Verisign Transfer BS!@!#$@#$#$

Status
Not open for further replies.

MillerTyme

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello Im looking to see if anyone has a similar story:
I have a domain regged with verisign that I want to transfer to another registrar. The domain I have at verisign is in paid status and has no holds on it or anything to keep it from being transferred. Anyhow, I put in a transfer request on monday and approved it being transferred in an email i got form the new registrar I want. They told me Id receive a letter from verisign but I never did. The new registrar resubmitted my request two days ago and I still havent heard from verislimy. Whats my recourse here ?

VERISIGN = PUREEVIL

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :dead:

DotComster

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
It happens to lots of people, just try again. It takes me a max of 3 times - but I have heaed of 5 and more.

Also - check to see what admin email you have registered, you might have forgoten it - as I did a few times :)

Not uncommon at all.

We always seem to have a high number of domains in the queue being transferred in from Verisign. As DotComster says, it often takes 5 or more attempts before the domain actual gets transferred.

You can also call Verisign support. You may sit on hold for hours, and the first (and even the second) call may be worthless, but it does sometimes help.

Good luck,

-t

dotsofdomains

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
$35 bucks for 35 hassles. Leave, quickly.

I have heard Verisly reps use the worst excuse EVER after losing faxed transfer requests that THEY ask for:

"sorry sir, do you know how many transfer requests we get a day?"

Is that a rhetorical question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators