Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed VisitOkinawa.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

daddypi

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Inspired as well by the VisitNY and Visit London threads, please appraise the domain VisitOkinawa.com

It is the largest of the Okinawa Islands in the Ryukyu Islands archipelago.

"Okinawa was the scene of the last great U.S. amphibious campaign in World War II. U.S. army and marine forces landed there on Apr. 1, 1945, and fought one of the bloodiest campaigns of the war, while the navy offshore suffered heavy damage in resisting attacks by suicide planes."

Population: 1,300,000+ people

Google stats:

"okinawa" 2,870,000 listings
"visit okinawa" 1400 listings

Domain summit 2024

greggish

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Pretty good. It's nice that you got it without a hyphen, unlike mine (visit-ny.com). The only thing is, how popular is tourism to Okinawa? 'visit okinawa' in google without quotes returns 360,000 with only one side ad from TripAdvisor.com.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=visit+okinawa

I think its a safe bet that its worth more than the reg fee if developed. Should easily bring in income from Travel website ads. Basically, feel the same way about mine too. Good luck.

eSology

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Developed you may catch some traffic and get revenue from AdSense. I spent 6 months on Okinawa in 1988 and then 3 years from 95-98. To be honest they don't make their money from Tourism but from Pachinko (just kidding).

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I doubt people would go visit Okinawa as part of a package holiday plan. True, the historic importance of Okinawa and WWII is there, but the commercial value is close to zero, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators