Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Warning about NetSol!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

georgee

I don't know if anybody else has had any problems with Network Solutions, but we sure have, ALL THE TIME we try and transfer a domain name away from them to our new registrar, and our client receives no confirmation email or anything,.. and for some reason, this sort of thing mysteriously happens about 1 month - 2 weeks before the domain is set to expire, so just maybe, if nothing gets done on NetSol's end, the domain will expire, FORCING clients to renew with a registrar they don't even want!

I run out of fingers and toes, when I try and count up the amount of times this has happened.

If anyone else has had similar problems, please reply to this post, and I will reply once more with a link I came across, where you can put in a complaint to ICANN (Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers).

All registrars with direct access to the .biz, .com, .info, .net, and .org registries are accredited for this purpose by ICAAN

Although,..... not to just go out there and try to kick up a bit of a stink.
This is a warning to all other hosts out there that are thinking of getting their domains registered through those guys, I'm also very interested in hearing if this sort of thing has happened to any of you out there.

Not a good way to run a business, that's for sure. A very big thumbs down goes out to you NetSol,.. tisk tisk tisk :upset:

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the "I Hate NetSol" club - you are among friends here.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by georgee
I don't know if anybody else has had any problems with Network Solutions.......
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: good one.

DrWho

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Yes, Welcome indeed. Death to NetSux...now all together ;) ;) ;)

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Problem with Internic complaint page is that what they basically do is just forward the complaint to the respective registrar (what a joke !).So the registrar gets the same complaint he has probably already gotten from complainant directly through Internic a second time and will still not change anything.
I had this happen 3 times when i reported concrete violations of ICANN agreement that Netsol/VS had done.Nothing has been done about it up to this very day.

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
"Warning about NetSol!!"

Isn't that redundant??
Good Luck.

G

georgee

Actually, we have many, many clients, and we used to register all of domains through them, so we were quite a good liitle income for them, making it much, MUCH harder for them to realise that we were leaving their lousy service, and they have caused us nothing but headaches, AND HEADACHES FOR OUR CLIENTS!

Although every domain has just about been transfered away from them now so we are very happy :D:D:D

Also, can someone update me on these DNF bucks?
What are they?
Can u buy domains With them?

Thanks people.

Domainaholic

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It helps to drink a lot of beers before trying to figure out NetSoL - Really! - I never drank before I had to deal with them :)

domains

ComDeals.com - World-class domains for sale.
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree with you. Network Solutions uses every trick in the book to keep you from transferring your name at any time, but especially in the last month of the registration. I've had it happen in the past where the email never arrived, and I had to ask the winning registry to re-send the transfer request.

Be sure to transfer your names well in advance of the 30 days, and be very careful to find that elusive transfer email from Network Solutions. When Network Solutions sends you a renewal, it's clearly identified as being from "Network Solutions," and has the "domain name in upper case letters" in the subject line, but their transfer emails look like this:

outbound-response Information about your account

Very sneaky, but when you do acknowledge the transfer, they are now prompt to hand over the name to the winning registry.

Good luck!
ComDeals.com
domains on DNForum and the new Afternic

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They are #$Q$#@#(# and i had a devil of a time trying to transfer a name for a client we were working with. It put the site down for about two months which was long enough for google to kick it out of it's index. I couldn't get a password then when I got the password they wouldn't put the transfer through when I called they said I needed a code to give them it was a whole run around. I called them at least 5 times. Then finally I got an email confirmation and almost overlooked the important information at the bottom of the email. They tried their best to disguise it!!

B-ASTARDS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom