Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Warning! Always Check Your Analytics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ulysses

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just a little warning to others, alway, always check your analytics!

Last night I was looking over the analytics on one of my sites.
I have a desktop/mobile php code on my site and I at first looked at my desktop data and found that I had a drop off rate of about 40% which I thought was a little high. So I thought I will have to make it a little bit more exciting to keep the visitors on there, which shouldn't be too much work, then I had a look at my mobile data and nearly fell off my chair! Out of the 236 unique visitors 228 had dropped off!!! How boring must the mobile site be? So it's back to the drawing board for me this weekend to redesign this mobile site! I'll pop back in a month to let you know how I'm getting on with keeping the attention of my mobile visitors, I think any improvement will add more than 8 out of 236!

Domain summit 2024

Karim Nasser

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I personally look for functionality and responsiveness in a mobile site, I'm sure the drop is a combination of things which you will discover as you go back to the drawing board. Good luck and I hope you get your mobile traffic back and more.

Just a little warning to others, alway, always check your analytics!

Last night I was looking over the analytics on one of my sites.
I have a desktop/mobile php code on my site and I at first looked at my desktop data and found that I had a drop off rate of about 40% which I thought was a little high. So I thought I will have to make it a little bit more exciting to keep the visitors on there, which shouldn't be too much work, then I had a look at my mobile data and nearly fell off my chair! Out of the 236 unique visitors 228 had dropped off!!! How boring must the mobile site be? So it's back to the drawing board for me this weekend to redesign this mobile site! I'll pop back in a month to let you know how I'm getting on with keeping the attention of my mobile visitors, I think any improvement will add more than 8 out of 236!

icedude

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
96% mobile drop rate means you are not creating a good user experience on mobile devices. There is just no other excuse for a 96% drop rate, "boring" is not enough to do it unless you just have a blank page with like 2 words. But, did you check your site on all major mobile browsers?

Ulysses

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi, functionality is good, I'm using jquery mobile.
I've won international award for mobile website so technically it's quite good. It's as though they couldn't be bothered to change the search parameters.
I've got a nice design that is functional so it'll be interesting to see over the next month. I'll check the operating system to see if it iOS or android, etc.
Thanks for both your input so far.

icedude

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes, that is why. It is best to have one solution that works on all platforms. Dry(Don't repeat yourself)

Focus on making the desktop version mobile friendly. "Mobile sites" died a long time ago. Users expect more because of the power of mobile devices nowadays.

durdom

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Most people do a responsive design so it works on mobile and works on desktop at the same time i personally like bootstrap for alot of my websites.

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Did you happen to do any A/B testing?

Charles Sweeney

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Maybe they can find what they want on one page. Maybe they're not human. Maybe they are getting cached pages and are seeing more of your site than you think. Maybe your site doesn't deliver!!

I don't look at "drop off" rates. I can tell from feedback and sales how a site is doing. I check the stats but would never analyse them to the nth degree. Got better things to do.

You can only tell so much from stats...not a lot, what was requested and when it was requested, the rest is guesswork (entry pages, exit pages etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators