Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Web 2.0 Propeties

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Shane I'm not sure your site is better. Though I've read a couple articles on it and yes, they are fun and engaging.

Talking about rankings, you are only PR2 and .org is PR4 so they have a big advantage. Check here , they got a lot of quality links. Like 10x your links, pal. It will be very tough to outrank them, but GL if you try.

Psht. I am better then them, minus the galleries. Although, it is my website so I'm extremely biased lol.

I'm aware that they have a ton of links. That's why I'm starting to build some myself. They've been online since 1996.. I've been online since November 2012.. That gives them a huge advantage. I do already outrank them for a few keywords but I'm still 14 positions behind them for the term beards, which has 40,500 US monthly searches (if I remember correctly). If anything, I should be ranked right bellow them at the number 2 spot.

Domain summit 2024

asfas

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If anything, I should be ranked right bellow them at the number 2 spot.

I think so. 12 months ago that would have been much easier with your EMD domain, not anymore.

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think so. 12 months ago that would have been much easier with your EMD domain, not anymore.

So true. I definitely got in the game a little late. Hopefully, it'll continue to grow and generate revenue. I'm just incredibly impatient.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi

despite and in contrast to what others think, meta tags are the basic road maps, for ranking.

I've always used them and have always been able to get where I want to be.

so, don't believe everything said word for word, because there is always meaning "in-between" the lines.

imo...

icedude

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Psht. I am better then them, minus the galleries. Although, it is my website so I'm extremely biased lol.

I'm aware that they have a ton of links. That's why I'm starting to build some myself. They've been online since 1996.. I've been online since November 2012.. That gives them a huge advantage. I do already outrank them for a few keywords but I'm still 14 positions behind them for the term beards, which has 40,500 US monthly searches (if I remember correctly). If anything, I should be ranked right bellow them at the number 2 spot.

Honestly, I think it is the .net, I have never been able to rank a .net Top 20.... Only .com's and .org's....

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi

despite and in contrast to what others think, meta tags are the basic road maps, for ranking.

I've always used them and have always been able to get where I want to be.

so, don't believe everything said word for word, because there is always meaning "in-between" the lines.

imo...

Even when meta data was relevant, it could only carry you so far.

Honestly, I think it is the .net, I have never been able to rank a .net Top 20.... Only .com's and .org's....

I rank in the top 3 for a number of keywords. I also get 500-600 uniques per day.. I've had no issues being on a .net.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

icedude

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Beards, look, computers are stupid, I could sit here and explain the whole process, but there is no way for Google Bot to pass on information, if it was not for meta data and other markup.

Computers only know how to do what they are told, point blank, period...

Last edited:

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Beards, look, computers are stupid, I could sit here and explain the whole process, but there is no way for Google Bot to pass on information, if it was not for meta data and other markup.

Computers on know how to do what they are told, point blank, period...

I would love to hear you explain the whole process because Google themselves have dispelled all rumors about meta data.

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've built my first Web 2.0 property. A few pages have already been indexed. The links I purchased turned out to be garbage. Hopefully that doesn't negatively impact my efforts.

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It's been over a month now and I've seen some positive movement for my primary keywords. They've actually moved up substantially. Shortly, I will build another Web 2.0 property and report back in a month or two. Hopefully, I can continue to increase my SERP position by building more and more of these properties.

I've also noticed that my forum signature link negatively impacts my SERP position for the keyword "beards".

krishnanayak

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hello there and thank you for an incredible post. I truly simply cherish your post. I will bookmark it and returned for additional.

halldaniel454

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Web 2.O Is the Second Stage of Development of the Internet.
Greater Collaboration Among Internet Users , Content Providers & Enterprises.
Web 2.0 is important & revolutionary.
Both in a good & a bad way.
It brings a New perspective & New opportunities to different arts & sciences.
such as business, education, sociology, psychology, literature, politics and many other.

krishnanayak

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Thanks for giving such a valuable tips...

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators