Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

closed WebTelevision.US

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

photofx

Hello folks,

What do you think of WebTelevision.US please ? I know it is quite early for a U.S. to put an amount, but what would the name sound / read like to you ?

+ a question, are webxxx.xxx domains good or bad? we got e-, i-, my- , your- , 4-, etc..., what about web- ? I personally think iti s not too bad as most surfers have heard of websites, webdesign, the world wide web etc...

thanks,

Pabs

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I tend to like "Web" prefixed/suffixed domains! Much better than "E" or "I". However, here, I believe one day I checked USPTO.GOV and found that "WebTV" was a TM. I would have a hard time believing that such a TM holder wouldn't have an issue with your domain, as stated. So that, and along with the .US, leads me to appraise as low valuation.
Good Luck.

P

photofx

thanks,

didn't know about any TM for the term webtelevision :( , was thinking of a broadcasting site
there's a browser called WebTv, also know as WebTv but not as WebTelevision as far as I know,so what if someone wants to broadcast tv programs; have an own 'tv station / channel' through the web with a domain name like mine ?
.com and co give search engines, one is the notorious ult search

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Please re-check, as this was some time ago ... and I'm also relying on brain cells that are still saturated from Christmas! :)
http://www.USPTO.GOV

Good Luck!

DryHeat

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by CoolHost
I believe one day I checked USPTO.GOV and found that "WebTV" was a TM. I would have a hard time believing that such a TM holder wouldn't have an issue with your domain, as stated.

Although an attorney can answer this authentically I do believe that having a TM on term "WebTV" probably has no bearing on the descriptive version of "WebTelevision"; otherwise, the name has very good potential. Probably most here know by now that I don't agree with Cool H re. his outlook for .US....I'm afraid he'd be too late (if not already) by the time he gets convinced unless he's sharper than we think and has quietly regged some top .US names.....;) ;)

Happy New Year.

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
"have a drink , it helps :p"

I never stopped ... SINCE Christmas! :)
Hiccup. Good Luck.

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
"Probably most here know by now that I don't agree with Cool H re. his outlook for .US....I'm afraid he'd be too late (if not already) by the time he gets convinced unless he's sharper than we think and has quietly regged some top .US names....."

LOL. Thanks, Heat. Let's just say I'm warming up to the idea ... of the .US! I certainly like it much better than .WS, .TV, .INFO. We can leave the rest to imagination for now ... Shhhh! ;) Good Luck.

PS. I admire you for holding firm in your defense of the .US! Truly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators