Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

What are exclusive members?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
you pay a bunch more money and you have to fax personal ID to admin....to make sure you're legit I guess?

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If its not free, I think us existing Platinum's should be given a free upgrade to it.

RMF

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ever since the forum revamp took place I like it less.

it was so much more simple bofore.

Now all the sections confuse me :huh:

Now with the Exclusive section at the top, it makes me more confused..

DNJunkie

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by RMF
If its not free, I think us existing Platinum's should be given a free upgrade to it.

RMF

I agree because we used to have access to posting thoes kind of things before

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Possibly another revenue producing feature (charges not published yet), but the aspect of "Exclusive" members being "identity confirmed" has to be a useful feature that many would be happy to pay something for I would have thought.

LewR

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I buy a lot of names here - and my reputation is my name - I made my reputation the old fashioned way - I earned it through action - not BS.

If everytime we turn around there will be another cost involved in here - it will self destruct. Everyone here posts at other forums, I simply see this as some kind of sqeeze.

Maybe you can buy an upgrade with these dnf bucks...

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yeesh... the management of this forum has I think made it abundantly clear that details of this new category would be made public tomorrow (monday) - a minor effort at searching for those posts would yield this notification.

have a little patience! all they asked for was a few days. if we can't at least give that to them, then we clearly have too much free time on our hands.

if, after they make the official announcement, you decide it is an insult to your sensibilities then feel free to rip away (or go away)

PCplay

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Does it really need to be a paid feature though?

Couldn't just the "identity confirmed" user pay a small fee and get a little icon or something on their name?

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by LewR
I buy a lot of names here - and my reputation is my name

Dang, I have no reputation then. I buy my names on the registrant market. d:)

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by PCplay
Couldn't just the "identity confirmed" user pay a small fee and get a little icon or something on their name?

Like a verified member with a site like verify.info to confirm best business practices? Yeah, sounds good.

The exclusive membership imho is a means for DCG to increase revenue, no problems with that, but provided he gives back sufficiently what he takes, that's best business practices in my books. And the family needs to eat.

As a wannabe developer, I've been observing the transformation of this site month by month in terms of how its been trying to value-add, and I'm learning a lot. That's worth my membership multifold.

The Internet is not a free lunch anymore --- those affected know the truth http://www.****edcompany.com

TexasFilly

RBS consultant
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
More "hoops" too jump through..

Put your tennis shoes on again.. got another "hoop" too jump through..
the "platinum" hoop just wasn't high enough..

I'm finished jumping through hoops!

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by TexasFilly
I'm finished jumping through hoops!

Time to quit the Internet then.... Bludy today, I was getting all ready to publish to a Sharepoint Team Services dedicated server for a very big MNC client of ours then Microsoft raised the hoop with these stupid .aspx files that allow for XML and dynamic data content which requires FrontPage 2003 which isn't launched yet till Oct ............ GRRRR

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I love capitalism. :evil:

izopodian quote: The day you become tired of eating scraps off the floor is the day you decide to get your own seat at the table.

p.s We are becoming our own "Silicon Domain Valley". Which is a very, very good thing. note: Those that jump on board early and realize what is happening tend to retire early if you catch my drift.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by izopod
p.s We are becoming our own "Silicon Domain Valley". Which is a very, very good thing.

I agree that we need to imbue the future. Only thing that isn't so good is when we try to use old third world country Internic extensions to further this quest. :evil:

Sharpy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by devildude8989
ever since the forum revamp took place I like it less.

it was so much more simple bofore.

Now all the sections confuse me :huh:

Now with the Exclusive section at the top, it makes me more confused..

There certainly alot of sections to look at. I personaly never select a particular section to look at. I simply select View New Posts , I read what interests me, then I hit
Mark All Forums Read . The next time I return I hit View New Posts again and only the threads that have had new posts since my last visit appear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators