Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed What could be the right Price?

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

One of our clients is interested in buying a domain name that appears on the first page on Yahoo i.e. in top 20 and i am sure there is some traffic to the site.

The domain name is a generic name i.e. does not contain any company's name or product name and I think it can be developed nicely.

What do you think is the right price range for such a domain? My client has asked me and I have no idea, so if you can give me some idea about the value, that will be great.

I appreciate your time and help

DotComster

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
That might be a site you are talking about - not only a domain?

If it's expireing you might be able to pick it up else you're talking about big money to the site owners. It's not east to get into the top 20 is some catagories.

Hi, DotComster

Thanks for the prompt response

The domain is not expiring, and it is in top 20 in a category where there are more than 10,000 sites listed on Yahoo.

I hope that should help you in giving me a price range

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
More info needed. You can make any website appear on the first page of yahoo, with the right keywords. (like the name of the site, or unusual keywords)

DotComster

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
IF it's in a high revenue catagory - retail, auto, homes, travel etc - you are talking in the 4 to 5 figure area. A simple low/none revenue catagory will cost a lot less but still 4 fighures.

As mentioned above - it would be much cheaper to hire a search engine expert to promote your clients domain to the 1st page of most search engines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom