Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

What is Melbourne IT smoking at $35 per renewal???

Status
Not open for further replies.

DnPowerful

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sadly, I have more than a few names regged at Melbourne IT (cough...safesys :p ) and I must say they take the cake for renewal fees at...get this: $35 per year!!!

Holy NSI Batman. Who has the kohones to charge $35 in this climate!!!???

Plus, they have this B.S. system of "registry keys" which you can't change on the fly (hello, opensrs, line one)..

I really see no upside to these guys at all...

Domain summit 2024

They can also be extremely difficult to transfer away from. We have a number of stalled transfer requests in the queue that are simply being ignored by Melbourne IT. Our customers may be forced to renew their or risk losing their domains.

-t

$35 is their end user renewal price, if you do volume with them its less. I pay $8 a time. But when they come up for renewal - its probably best to move them elsewhere unless you plan on setting up a reseller account with them.

The reg key system is better than some registrars like verisign and register.com and worse than others like enom and opensrs.

hmmm, not sure why you're having a prob trfing away from them thewitt - many of my customers have trfed away in the past with no problems.

have you spoken with anyone at melb it about it?

AMERICAR

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DnPowerfull

What are you doing useing melbourneit / inww in the first place.

Transfers away are no harder than anywhere else, the system is automated it takes a little longer thats all 7 to 10 Days, they dont even require email confirmation.

$35 is the standard retail price for domain registrations or renewals.

:confused:

DnPowerful

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
$35 is the standard retail price for domain registrations or renewals?

Sure it is in the Galaxy Internet circa 1999. But here on Planet Powerpipe, we pay only $8.99
:D

DnPowerful

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think it's spectacular gall charging that coin at this point in the game.

Gall that's reserved for former gov't arms emplyees, er, NSI...

AMERICAR

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DnPowerfull

MelbourneiT are the monopoly in Australia nobody knows any other registrar.

They control all .com.au registrations, thier inww off shoot does the other TLDs.

It does not matter to a business how much a name registration costs them, if you want wholesale priceing ask Snoopy.

Originally posted by DnPowerful
Sadly, I have more than a few names regged at Melbourne IT (cough...safesys :p ) and I must say they take the cake for renewal fees at...get this: $35 per year!!!

Holy NSI Batman. Who has the kohones to charge $35 in this climate!!!???

Plus, they have this B.S. system of "registry keys" which you can't change on the fly (hello, opensrs, line one)..

I really see no upside to these guys at all...

My - manual - transfer out of Melbourne IT and to Stargate was totally smooth. Paid $8 for it (bulk account) and added another year to it.

M

mike

Totalnic.net is my nightmare registrar. They are by far the most difficult I've ever had to dealt with. They won't allow transfers away from them online at all ( they require faxing them several forms of ID and several BS forms to their HQ in Australia). They lock names up 60 days prior to the expiration date, so that your only choice then is to renew with them @ $20 per year or let them be deleted, which they do exactly on the expiraton date. Then somebody in NZ cherry picks their drops. I'm on to their scam...

BTW, I don't know if Totalnic .net is a Melbourne IT company or not. I just know they are in Australia somewhere.

P.S. Why did I use totalnic.net in the first place? Because back in 1999, they were the first to offer 2 year regs for $35 when everyone else (NSI, and Register.com were it) offered 2 year regs. for $70!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators