Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

What is social networking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordbyroniv

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Is a forum a social networking software or is there some other necessary component to be considered a social network?

Coderea

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Social networking is just about connecting with people..Google more about social networking or read more articles..!

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Perhaps submit your questions to microblogging.com

It is deep.

And it does include software.

OpenSource mostly, some are fee based and some are free.

Becoming huge.

domainbartender

Your name server since 2008.
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I consider sites like facebook, linkedin, friendster, etc. to be social networking sites. I don't consider forums as being social networking sites, but actually it is through forums that we really connect, now that I think about it. It's a good question!

firetown

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Forums are not social networks, yet by popular demand they are implementing features which have proven to be successful within the social networking platforms.

bobovia

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
A funny thing happened on the way to the forum. Social networking!

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is a forum a social networking software or is there some other necessary component to be considered a social network?

It's a lame attempt by a few people who are trying to make a buck by convincing people to use their network of friends to hawk commercial services.

In the 1980's it was called "Amway", and I told real friends who called me with an Amway sales pitch to 'lose my number'. Some wise up and stopped, some didn't.

Now, when a 'friend' used their facebook status (or any other method) to push an ad into my face I 'de-friend' them. Some get the 'clue', some don't.

This is social networking, and the backlash.

dncsacnt

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Definitely, forums are different from social networking. In my opinion social networking is more on getting more friends and forums is more on getting more answers and learning as well.. =) But of course both have other uses aside from that.

chimeara27

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Social networking is just about connecting with people, your friends, or your family.

the same as with friendster or facebook.

James-A

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Social networking is networking on the social websites and connecting with people. This is one of the best ways of creating a good online presence and maintaining it. Marketing on the social media websites enables a company to educate the people in terms of getting more product knowledge as well.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Social networking is networking on the social websites and connecting with people. This is one of the best ways of creating a good online presence and maintaining it. Marketing on the social media websites enables a company to educate the people in terms of getting more product knowledge as well.
Are you on dial up? Look at the date of the thread - 2008.

Yeah, three years later when everyone knows about social networking you offer up a definition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators