Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

What is the best script for Youtube clone ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

richrf

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi,

You might want to try out Social Media. They have a pretty good looking script. However, their forum is closed, so I never got a chance to look over what kind of bugs are being reported by users. My experiences with these scripts are that they are very difficult to stabilize, so without any way of looking at current user experiences, I stayed away from this script.

Here is another one to look at: TopMediaScript. Their forum is open, so you can check it out for comments.

One word of warning. YouTube has recently changed its TOA, and if you are running a website with YouTube videos, expressly for ad content, they will come down on you.

Hope this helps,
Rich

RTM.net

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Rich has advice I agree with. I would also add that finding a clone of any of the current Social Networking big sites (YT, FB, Digg, MySpace, Flickr, etc) is not hard...

What is tough is finding one that can scale to a moderate amount of traffic like the big ones above have... you may find your small-scale clone script falling vicitim to success and traffic. Most scripts can handle low volume (say 100-200K uniques per day) but perhaps not 5x that or more....

:)

Rob

mukoh

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Scaling the script over a server network is what 80% of the tube owners don't know how, in order to grow.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Chacal

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
try vshare, nice, customizable, and cheap, 10$.

jahanzeb

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you are looking for great and free youtube clone you must check (link removed)

Last edited by a moderator:

LaZyBuM

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hey check out clip-share.com

i m not using mine, so i m selling it @ $99 ( the PRO version )

if u want tell me

jahanzeb

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
well (removed) rocks. you must check it. it worth a chance as you dont have to pay anything not a single peny. and forums are very active got better support then the paid ones :)

Last edited by a moderator:

domainsforsale88

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
anybody know ? specifically for videos & music social networking script.

thanks so much

rudy

I was wondering the same thing. I have planned my site out but I am not the greatest at coding and was wondering what script would be good for a site like youtube that could potentially hold viral traffic? Any help would be great. I saw the posts about dolphin and was wondering if anyone has used socialgo, ning or clips-share.

icedude

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you are still looking for a YouTube clone you can buy "1000 PHP Turnkey Scripts" off eBay for just $1. It has YouTube Clone in that package, it will need some work, but it will get you started for almost free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom