Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

What is your focus for 2013?

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I will be focusing on structure, load times, semantic code and schema.

What are your SEO plans for 2013?

Domain summit 2024

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
First, develop brands from my late 2012 purchases. (In progress)
Secondly, seek out 2 to 5 category killers that can fit my developed minisites niche and develop them into branded authority websites
Third, find domains making over 100 in parking revenue and purchase up to 10
Fourth, use my passive income generators as a way to obtain 1 six figure domain for my portfolio
Fifth, reinvest 75% of profits generated throughout the year to have an amazing 2014
(In between sell domains I don't necessary care to keep and always be on the lookout for steals, without being stolen from)

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Focus for 2013:

Develop my higher quality domains and spend more time working on them

Drop lower quality domains

Get more into Mobile

Hit a minimum $20,000 in domain sales

Into mobile? What do you mean?

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Third, find domains making over 100 in parking revenue and purchase up to 10

and how much is the budget for such acquisitions?

reason i ask, is because i see posts wanting rev names earning $$ > $$$ a month, but only offering 2yrs rev at best.

if you had some names earning in that range, would you sell them for that multiple?

that answer may determine whether you can fulfill steps 4 and 5, in your plan.

don't get me wrong, it's a good plan for sure

did the same, when i first started... but i started at step 3.

:)

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think he means focus on themes or development for mobile platforms. I see a surprising increase in mobile browsers to my websites and have also been making a movement to welcome those users as well. Nonetheless, I have no problem viewing a full site on a 4.7” screen since “mobile versions” lack functions I’m used to regularly using.
How kind of you. :lol:
Have a couple in mind, but it's staying in my account. :)
and how much is the budget for such acquisitions?

reason i ask, is because i see posts wanting rev names earning $$ > $$$ a month, but only offering 2yrs rev at best.

if you had some names earning in that range, would you sell them for that multiple?

that answer may determine whether you can fulfill steps 4 and 5, in your plan.

don't get me wrong, it's a good plan for sure

did the same, when i first started... but i started at step 3.

:)
I'm seeking 18-36 month multiples depending on the niche and quality of the domain name.

Step 4 is already in motion so to speak and I've always done step 5 since domaining/developing is a passive income. I get paid to go to school and other means as well. I do well without having to domain, but investing 75% will allow my ultimate plan of retirement at 40.

Last edited:

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Have my domains or sites resolve/redirect to a mobile screen with content that I can monetize somehow. Beyond dating/adult affiliate programs I don't really know what is out there that domainers can use to convert mobile traffic.

Tablets are still ok for regular webpages, but on a smartphone screen you need to redirect to something more mobile friendly.

Mobile use is getting bigger so you can't ignore it.

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm excited to start learning Responsive Web Design this year among other SEO related goals I have.

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Tablets are still ok for regular webpages, but on a smartphone screen you need to redirect to something more mobile friendly.

Don't waste your time building seperate websites. Learn how to update your current theme to be fully responsive. Kills many birds with one stone.

@Tia

Great choice. It'll prove to be a breeze!

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My focus is 20/20 thanks to a brand new pair of glasses.

Computers lased my eyes and now I can see through buildings.

You've been 1 upped sir.

James-A

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The year 2013 is going to see more of informative content coming up. Thereby in terms of SEO, the focus must be on getting more of content based link. This can be done through article directories, free blogging websites and guest blogging websites. Also, if you have an internal blog on the website, it is important to update that on a regular basis so that people will keep coming back. Good and informative content will help in terms of getting benefits for keyword rankings and it will also provide better incoming traffic to the website.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
My Focus for 2013 is to become more productive than I have been, and by productive I don't mean sitting in front of a computer screen.

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The year 2013 is going to see more of informative content coming up. Thereby in terms of SEO, the focus must be on getting more of content based link. This can be done through article directories, free blogging websites and guest blogging websites. Also, if you have an internal blog on the website, it is important to update that on a regular basis so that people will keep coming back. Good and informative content will help in terms of getting benefits for keyword rankings and it will also provide better incoming traffic to the website.

I agree for the most part. Posting to some of the low quality directories will likely hinder performance. I believe 2013 will be about acquiring citations from trusted sources. Thanks for taking the time to comment.

James-A

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
In 2013 and in the coming years, content based links are going to be of utmost importance. This can be done through article submission and blogging. Submitting guest blogs is also important when it comes to getting the links. Also, mobile advertising is going to be important in the coming years.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators