Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

What is your focus for 2013?

infinite

Level 2
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This year for me is all about optimizing everything across my network for greater scale and effectiveness. Higher quality content, mobile advertising, and a few new platforms are all on that list.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Do like 2012.
Plan for 2014.

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
On of my focus points should be to keep sliding the sales goal bar further. It was to sell $XX,XXX in names by June 30. It'll be more like selling $X,XXX by Dec 31 :yes:

Lots of requests that never convert in a sale. Domainers wan to pay as little as possible and end users normally contact you once with an offer, or ask for a BIN. And if they don't like your answer in either case they're history, the amount of haggling before a sale can be sealed is unbelievable

Well I am about 15% of the way to my 2013 target in domain sales so far. Inquiries are good but people don't want to pay up, or negotiate price much.

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, it looks like the crucial 6th step is missing from that plan, David .....

Sixth: Achieve world peace.

There. See ? I improved you plan significantly. Other than that, great plan !
:bump2:

Just foolin around, dude.... lol. Smart plan, well-outlined steps and you're more advanced than many of us (Steps 1 and 2)....in fact, a lot like mine was at the outset, only I began at Step 3, typically all noobs would (and as to Step 4 I'd rather buy ten good 5-figs than just one 6-fig, but yours works too) As for the "in between" thing, that's what I do too, only that by lookin always for steals they sometimes rob me blind...

:crutch:

First, develop brands from my late 2012 purchases. (In progress)
Secondly, seek out 2 to 5 category killers that can fit my developed minisites niche and develop them into branded authority websites
Third, find domains making over 100 in parking revenue and purchase up to 10
Fourth, use my passive income generators as a way to obtain 1 six figure domain for my portfolio
Fifth, reinvest 75% of profits generated throughout the year to have an amazing 2014

(In between sell domains I don't necessary care to keep and always be on the lookout for steals, without being stolen from)

Last edited:

PKumar

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Today, think of users, how others would get benefited from your site, how is your site is better than others in the same niche..

Once I read from a great internet marketer few years before that people can earn money by collecting information too but this concept is not beneficial now, the freshness kills..

jeff9501

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just joined today, I was wondering if anyone has any advice on purchasing a blog directory website with a good Google PR and traffic?

seoexperttools

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am going to spend a lot more time to focus on diversify my backlinks, increase the conversion on my website. Also, pay more attention to mobile optimization.

fpforum

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to focus on a number of things - mostly quality. Quality content, Quality backlinks, Quality traffic! :)

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I actually "say" and even "mean" that 20 times/yr.... but from thought to fact, a whole other story....

I'm trying to focus on a number of things - mostly quality. Quality content, Quality backlinks, Quality traffic! :)

Thoughtful post, I'm definitely with you on that.... the "golden rules" for making money in any space (including domaining) are free, they're all over for everyone to see and try, but not everyone will make money, and most will in fact make no money. It's setting yourself apart while acquiring a deep understanding of the market you're in that will eventually pay off...

Today, think of users, how others would get benefited from your site, how is your site is better than others in the same niche.. Once I read from a great internet marketer few years before that people can earn money by collecting information too but this concept is not beneficial now, the freshness kills..

nidhivyas

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
content based links are going to be of almost importance.
This can be done for article submission and blogging.
Submitting guest blogs is important when it comes to getting the links.
mobile advertising is going to be important in the coming years.
If you have an internal blog on the website.
It is important to update that on a regular basis so that people will keep coming back.
Good and informative content will help in terms of getting benefits for keyword rankings.
It will provide better incoming traffic to the website.

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
in 2013 I plan to relax, do nothing, ...same thing for 2014 and
2015 then in 2016 I'll start making a big move. Hopefully :)

:)

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom