Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed who actually uses .us ?

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HeavyLifting

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i see people posting $xxxx appraisals for .us domains. i'd be curious if anyone knows of companies doing business under .us. please list them here if you know of any. and these companies should not also own their domain in .com. in other words, i'm looking for companies that are genuinely using a .us address for their web presence.

zouzas

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
folks just haven;t realized it will eventually be the number #1 choice for america and the world :cheesy: ,,,,,look at right here on this forum when you see folks with the dot com portfolio like BLINK buying every dot US they can that should tell you something,,,,,

zouzas

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
zouzas said:
folks just haven;t realized it will eventually be the number #1 choice for america and the world :cheesy: ,,,,,look at right here on this forum when you see folks with the dot com portfolio like BLINK buying every dot US they can that should tell you something,,,,,

so loews doesn;t do any business with www.enjoytheshow.com the redirect for cinplex

HeavyLifting

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
zouzas said:

yep. tells me he thinks .us is gonna be real. thing is, i just don't quite understand why he (or anyone else) thinks that. i don't see any evidence.

peekaboo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
zouzas said:
so loews doesn;t do any business with www.enjoytheshow.com the redirect for cinplex

entertainment online apparently holds enjoytheshow.us, and they do business under eonline.com, not enjoytheshow.us - that is what i am saying.

zouzas

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
producer said:
entertainment online apparently holds enjoytheshow.us, and they do business under eonline.com, not enjoytheshow.us - that is what i am saying.

oh right there just using it for the traffic :-D

here's another pointing www.georgebush.us the democrats must need the traffic :-D

HeavyLifting

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
so far.....

one domain has been shown to be in use:

metro.us

that's not very impressive.

Psyche

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
it's speculation, sort of like the stock market. People probably asked the same questions about why ppl were buying all the .com names way back when

zouzas

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Android said:
so far.....

one domain has been shown to be in use:

metro.us

www.volvocars.us which is a seperate site and volvo has been spending millions advertising this url on TV ,,,,so why advertise a different url because thats the future matching domains with extension and markets all targeted to particular markets there just the first to figure it out on a big company scale,,,,

zouzas

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
where are you BLINK jump in here anytime :eek:k:

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Android said:
so far.....one domain has been shown to be in use: metro.us

How do you know there are not members here who have hundreds of .us names in use? Perhaps they see no need or benefit in making it public.

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
zouzas said:
where are you BLINK jump in here anytime :eek:k:

He is busy makin' lowball offfers d:)

puxa2

puxa2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I thought the volvocars.us commercial/campaign was very strong. They showed it during the final friends, during saturday night live and they showed it at my screening of farenheit 911 the other day. That's some pretty good exposure. Besides .com of course, I haven't seen any other tld (cc or gtld) new or old get that very high profile treatment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators