Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

who is running a PPC campaign for my site!! it's not me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

xr3dpill

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Although I should not be complaining, I was disturbed to find my website in the sponsered listings of google as I was doing some research on my organic google results. Strange thing is, I am not running a PPC campaign and have no idea how the text ad is being generated.

Is there a way to research who is paying for a sponsered listing?

I imagine not, but I figured I'd ask.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You are a lucky guy!
Any ex-girlfriend? :D

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The same happened to me. I think the name had expired but the adwords campaign was still running :D

tldrental

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Are you doing any paid advertising?

Example: if you have a YellowBook ad or YellowPages ad they will also practice PPC adverting for you.

I know this because I am doing marketing for some one that has only ever done print advertising, and he is using YellowBook. Yellowbook is doing PPC ads for him, and this guy has no idea that they are supplementing his advertsing doing PPC, I have been keeoing it a secret becuase he thinks I am doing it...lol! So I am taking all the credit for the PPC advertsing that is coming from YellowBook.

My thought is posibly some advertising you are doing else where may be running PPC ads to supliment you with faster leads.

Just a thought!

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The same happened to me. I think the name had expired but the adwords campaign was still running :D

This would be my top guess but it sounds like it is not a newly acquired domain by the OP's post (but I could be wrong).

Are you doing any paid advertising?

Example: if you have a YellowBook ad or YellowPages ad they will also practice PPC adverting for you.

This would make the most sence.

But, many hosting companies also offer PPC or even a big discount for the service ($25 for free etc..) but I think they would have to let you know that they were doing it for you.

xr3dpill

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yellowbook is doing PPC ads for him, and this guy has no idea that they are supplementing his advertsing doing PPC, I have been keeoing it a secret becuase he thinks I am doing it...lol! So I am taking all the credit for the PPC advertsing that is coming from YellowBook.

Just a thought!

lol, nice work...

the site is for a nissan franchise so we have a $50k+ a month ad budget so there is numerous companies that might be doing what your talking about but i am in constant contact with them and i am pretty sure they would be letting me know about it... and if their not, i still would like to find out who is providing it so i can find out if there is a way to take more advantage.

there is also a possibility that nissan corporate is doing it but since they gather leads from their website and third partys and sell them back to me, i'm pretty sure they would drive the searches of my dealership to their own site so that they can resell the leads generated from that paid traffic.

so there are a lot of potential partys dong the ppc but i still would like to find a way to find out who.

the site is pinehurstnissanonline (.) com

... and yes, i am currently fighting over pinehurstnissan (.) com which was registered 2 days before we filed our DBA paperwork... sounds like an inside job so maybe thats the generous PPC bandit who is feeling remorseful? lol

fayette

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
lol, nice work...

the site is for a nissan franchise so we have a $50k+ a month ad budget so there is numerous companies that might be doing what your talking about but i am in constant contact with them and i am pretty sure they would be letting me know about it... and if their not, i still would like to find out who is providing it so i can find out if there is a way to take more advantage.

there is also a possibility that nissan corporate is doing it but since they gather leads from their website and third partys and sell them back to me, i'm pretty sure they would drive the searches of my dealership to their own site so that they can resell the leads generated from that paid traffic.

so there are a lot of potential partys dong the ppc but i still would like to find a way to find out who.

... and yes, i am currently fighting over pinehurstnissan (.) com which was registered 2 days before we filed our DBA paperwork... sounds like an inside job so maybe thats the generous PPC bandit who is feeling remorseful? lol

Doubt you will get it unless you pay them off 2 days is 2 days

fayette

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think OP may just get it.
Domain contain "Nissan" and parked with bunch of Nissan ads showing.

OP does not own the "Nissan" trademark Nissan does. It would have to be Nissan to try to get the name for him. He cant enforce Nissans trademark. He may be careful how much he pushes as the registrant may say hey they took our name we were going to name a new nissan dealership that and he took our name and we had to put our plans on hold.

xr3dpill

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
We are however legally doing business as "Pinehurst Nissan". I don't think we have any risk from the registrant because the negotiations for the franchise license from Nissan was in process long before the domain and he would have to show proof of attempt at obtaining the license, which without he would not have been able to use the Nissan trademark. The term "Pinehurst" although a city, actually comes with some stipulations as well due to the Pinehurst Golf Resort which has in the past, and is always currently, trying to purchase all rights to.... I really don't know I guess but long story short in a small town with this small of a population, where 90% of my customers are less than 30 miles away, $5,000+ in advertising over the next year or so until he drops it will probably get me much further than paying $5,000+ for the domain. We'll see.

DomainScoop.Com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
OP does not own the "Nissan" trademark Nissan does. It would have to be Nissan to try to get the name for him. He cant enforce Nissans trademark. He may be careful how much he pushes as the registrant may say hey they took our name we were going to name a new nissan dealership that and he took our name and we had to put our plans on hold.

Talk about Nissan, this reminds me of Nissan,com and Nissan,net , which is registersted by computer company and still belong to computer company after a long fight with nissan tm.

btw Nissam,com,net won the case over nissan car tm.

H:lol:

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
lol, nice work...

the site is for a nissan franchise so we have a $50k+ a month ad budge

Odd, after posting all this information - people were still not able to deduce that this is a legitimate nissan franchise < as clearly posted > and ready to jump on the you better watch it bandwagon.

What ever happened to reading and reading comprehension?

Does everyone just do a quick scan and formulate an opinion without having all the information?

Mercy...I'd hate to see some of these SAT and ACT scores.

victornumber

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
nice! what better is there to free advertising. I actually pay!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom