Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Who Says Google Ignores ccTLD's? my .pro indexed good 3 days after registration

Status
Not open for further replies.

tldrental

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Who says google ignores ccTLD's, I happen to know she does not ignore .PRO url's. I registered inflatable rental .pro 3 days ago and it already grew health roots inside google, one of which is the search phrase "inflatable rental" top of 6th page back for a search term with over 90,000 searches each month in google with over 11 million results. Some other examples below also on the 1st and 2nd page.

Domain Name:INFLATABLERENTAL.PRO
Created On:21-Dec-2011 07:36:48 UTC

inflatable rental pro 1st Page in Google

inflatable rental professional 1st Page in Google

professional inflatable rental 2nd Page in Google

pro inflatable rental 2nd Page in Google

inflatable rental 6th page of Google

tetrapak

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
inflatable rental has 590 searches per month, and that 6th position might be just on your end, here the site is not in top 30.

tldrental

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
inflatable rental has 590 searches per month, and that 6th position might be just on your end, here the site is not in top 30.

hmmm intersting.. when I look at google it reports to me, curious where you get 590 searches. Also I find it on page 6 of google not position 6. So that would be at least top 60+ in 3 days. I logged out of my google account prior to doing my search so my results would not be bias to googles personal search functions.

clear.cache.gif
Search terms (1)

Keyword
Competition
Global Monthly Searches
Local Monthly Searches
inflatable rentalHigh90,50074,000
Go to page: Show rows: 510153050100

1 - 1 of 1

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
.pro is not a ccTLD :)

It's not hard to rank well when there is little competition. I think your site also benefits from a temporary boost by google because it's new.
So it may well climb down soon.

Millering

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Your target is not sitting on the top 60, it's #1 spot of google. You'll see cctld will be outranked easily.

tldrental

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
.pro is not a ccTLD :)

It's not hard to rank well when there is little competition. I think your site also benefits from a temporary boost by google because it's new.
So it may well climb down soon.
curious where your metric is for a lot or little competition?

tetrapak

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
^^ You check the top 3 sites ranking for your keyword, and see that they are 1. Small sites with tiny traffic 2. Not optimized for your keyword, which means they were able to rank for it without the need to have it on top of their priority list to rank for. 3. They are very poorly SEOd. E.g.: funbouncers.net has "Home Page" as page title, nothing more needs to be said...

tldrental

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Your target is not sitting on the top 60, it's #1 spot of google. You'll see cctld will be outranked easily.
It's amazing of the know it all's and negativity in this forum....lol everyone thinks they know more then the next guy :), I think you all are missing the point so far.. my point is the fact that it has been recognized by Google in under 3 days. Regardless of where it is in the top 100, it is their... it's not a .com or an american extension.

Of course the goal is to be #1, as a matter of fact I prior to writing this post would have been negative about the prospect that this was even possible with a .pro.

It is always best to be on the first page in any niche, however this is a niche in particular when a user is doing a search they venture deeper then the first page the majority of the time, but not past third page usually. They are comparison shopping for cleanliness, theme, and price. People looking for a theme will even look deeper then 3 pages.

but, back on topic. Their may be something fluky going on and it could shrivel up into the abyss, but I dont think so I think it will move up. Time will tell, maybe your right... but maybe not.

Reaction score
So how much traffic is this generating?
You've used google incorrectly (as so many do). You need to search for the *exact* phrase which, as stated above, yields 590 results. Broad terms don't mean anything in the real world.

tldrental

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So how much traffic is this generating?
You've used google incorrectly (as so many do). You need to search for the *exact* phrase which, as stated above, yields 590 results. Broad terms don't mean anything in the real world.
The superiority some of you think you have never stops amazing me.. I promise the more you guys speak the dumber you look. Never the less you guys are taking this thread sideways..

Please all of you stop and take a breath... I didnt claim a whole lot of fame.. the ones of you speaking up are way over analyzing my intent. Please take a deep breath and re-read the post title. Aww you scoff at my stats I pull from Google... I miss read you say in a very superior attitude... maybe so... again besides the point... is it being ignored by Google? .. but if it make you feel better that you know better then me and this type of traffic and or industry, great... Merry Christmas... it must feel good for y'all to be right. You analyze the metrics your way and I will continue to analyze it my way because some how I manage to earn a modest steady paycheck doing it the wrong way..

---------- Post added at 08:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 AM ----------

Broad terms don't mean anything in the real world.
Even though this is again off topic, I wasn't making claim to relevancy. I was making claim that my freshly registered .pro has been found by google. So.. I am very interested to hear you make yourself look bad. What do you know about the real world? How are you quantifying the real world? Tell me what is the real world for inflatable rentals?.. or the industry that surrounds it? Educate me because man I must be doing something wrong.. from what you say... because I will tell you we view the world differently in the gutter looking up at your success.... so whats the real world of inflatable rental or inflatable themed names?

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Google can be quick to crawl and index new websites. Looking at the .pro zone file is an easy way to spot newly registered domains. That's what they must be doing.
Nobody said they ignore 'ccTLDs' (or sTLDs). The question is how well (or bad) they will rank.
You've said yourself, it's a niche. I see no extraordinary feat so far but happy it works out well for you.

tetrapak

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Don't take it too seriously, as Kate said, it's not about getting indexed but what happens beyond that. Pro is not a cctld (it's gtld), but a cctld has a different purpose than tlds, as while with cctld you are more likely to rank high in local searches, internationally tlds have a stronger outlook. Just make a quick test, register any exotic cctld, put up some base content and post it on any frequently crawled website like DNF. Your site will appear in Google within the same day. Btw, low search with low competition is not bad at all, if it's a commercial topic like renting inflatable toys, especially with such high prices your cut can be very decent.

Reaction score
I wasn't 'scoffing' at your stats. I was merely trying to help you by pointing out that you were not looking them up correctly which is a very common mistake. Sorry if that offends you. It's clear from your attitude that you really only want opinions that agree with you. As for calling us dumb... that's just plain childish. Go ahead and blow a fortune on your 'business model'. Whatever you do DON'T consider anyone else's opinions or take advice from people who've made 7 figures in this industry - you are right we are all wrong. Pat yourself on the back for being number one for something nobody is ever going to search for and ignore the reality.
Also nobody said google ignores cctlds (straw man) but .pro isn't even a cctld.

Vincent

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
interesting threead.

merry christmas everyone. all are working hard even on a holiday, posting, sharing comments.

i applaud all of you for doing that.

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I wasn't 'scoffing' at your stats. I was merely trying to help you by pointing out that you were not looking them up correctly which is a very common mistake. Sorry if that offends you. It's clear from your attitude that you really only want opinions that agree with you. As for calling us dumb... that's just plain childish. Go ahead and blow a fortune on your 'business model'. Whatever you do DON'T consider anyone else's opinions or take advice from people who've made 7 figures in this industry - you are right we are all wrong. Pat yourself on the back for being number one for something nobody is ever going to search for and ignore the reality.
Also nobody said google ignores cctlds (straw man) but .pro isn't even a cctld.

Totally agree with you. .pro is not a cctld and also about many people mistaking taking BROAD search volume seriously instead of looking at EXACT volume.

Also I don't believe someone with some basic SEO knowledge would say "google ignores ccTlds. In the uk, many search results at the top are .co.uk websites.

dcristo

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't be listening too much to people telling you that you can't rank ccTLD. They serve a purpose in targeting certain markets and it's still possible to get global traffic with them.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There is too much emphasis placed on the keyword tool.

The google keyword tool only matters in terms of SEO, ergo...site building.

Sure, you can use it to optimize parked pages.

But, when you want to know where you domain ranks or how it is appearing in google, you need to get back to the very basics which is a simple google search. This is, afterall, how the consumer (aka your customer) is going to find you. And for that reason and reason alone (basic search) the domain extension is totally irrelevant in the search terms. No one is going to search for INFLATABLERENTAL.pro.

The consumer is going to enter inflatable rental in the search box. That is the simple, basis search that most people would enter.

I can only imagine that the majority of traffic would come from search engines rather than direct typein.

Therefore, where you rank among the About 8,210,000 results is what is important - how long and how many pages will it be before the consumer (your customer) finds you.

I did not see the .pro listed anywhere in the first 15 pages (150 results) for the search term inflatable rental. Frankly, that is perhaps 3 times the number of pages a person is going to look through (if that many).

I honestly put little value in what the keyword tool says in cases like this. It does not matter if there are 90,500 searches or 900.500 searches. That is nothing more than an indicator of the number of times a phrase is searched and has absolutely zilch value in terms of measuring the success of a name. If 99.99999% of the results are someone else's site or name, then there is an equal 99.99999% chance your site/name will not be hit on via search engines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom