Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Why "Guaranteed Unlimited Re-Writes" never closes the deal for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SEOcidal.net

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I order normally 100-300 articles a month from various sources. I'm always on the look out for more cost-effective writers and it always bothers me that they think "unlimited rewrites" is somehow a fantastic service.

Whenever I have a batch and complain about several shoddy ones, they spout the "don't worry! we'll rewrite it for you. aren't we wonderful?" speech. However, when I respond that at least an hour was wasted on those bad articles and that I would have to re-read them when they came back and therefore a discount would be more appropriate ... they seem confused by the concept.

My time, it seems, is not worth anything to them. They are charging me for their time - if they screw up, why is my time not worth anything? From that point of view, it is more cost effective for me to simply make the edits myself as I go through the articles, (sometimes whole paragraphs), rather than have to write out the issues, then re-read and possibly have to send back any corrections they make.

This may sound like a gripe, but I hope it's a helpful suggestion to any content writers out there. If you don't spellcheck or quality control your pieces properly and simply rely on the buyer to find problems and offer them "unlimited revisions" instead - many big buyers will not use you again.

Checking, writing up issues, rechecking, waiting for rewrites -- adds up considerably and delays timetables.

joeny

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hire us, you won't have any BS......REALLY!

PM me ......seriously ........look at my Itrader, we have even wrote for the mods here :)

PS: Verified member here since 2005 ( Yep, that's 6 years )

eeedc

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Editors always have differences with writers so there is always some level of differences.

The risk or losing repeat business with you should provide some incetive for quality, unless as someone above states/guesses you pay so little they don't care about repeat business.

If you publish with articles with their NAMES, there is reputational effect, incetive to do a decent job.

If I was publishing these posts with my real name, I might take the time to spell check and proof read. (people can easily find out my real name if they want, but googleing my real name won't turn up my quick and dirty or political posts)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators