Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Why Use WordPress for Niche Websites? Better SEO from the Start?

Domain summit 2024

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i just use notepad and hand code w/html

once i make 1 page, i'll use that as a template for others

with no problem getting listed in Se's

of course, i still use old--skool meta tags, which many seo "x" perts say is irrelevant

Last edited:

Channing

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
don't hate wordpress just because you don't know how to work it.

blame the person not the tool.

LOL

Did I say I hated WP? No. I said I used WP exclusively for over 5 years and yes, I was a big fan of it just like you are now. But I now "prefer" html websites over WP. They are faster, they don't have security issues; and because I took the time to learn html/css I can change up and post content much faster than with WP; I don't need a bunch of plugins to "extend" the funtionality of html websites, further slowing down things.

If you love WP, fine. But I'm giving my opinion to this guy that he should buckle down a little and learn html/css. I gave up WP and I don't regret it one bit, but I don't hate WP and if you don't know html/css or unwilling to learn, then yes you should go with WP.

dcristo

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It depends on what you're trying to achieve. Most people don't have the time or inclination to become an expert coder. I'd rather have an easy to use CMS that would allow me to focus on the content and marketing side of things, because that's where the money is. You make it sound like WP is a massive resource hog when it's not. I have some very high traffic WP sites and they're not slow at all. A lot of popular sites are powered by wordpress.

Last edited:

Channing

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Guy, I think you are in an argumentative mood. I gave my opinion and I stand by it. You gave yours and you stand by it. Great. Tc.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i never learned wp, because i didn't want to be dependant on it to create websites

no x pert in code'n either, but i work it

and if i see a wp site i like, i can copy and paste the code in notepad and edit to preference

davidmcclemans

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Good Ques.. Which 1 is better? Blogger or Wordpress;)
My instant suggestion is that Word press is better for niche blog. because he support lots of SEO plugging and tool.

showdown

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I don't think Wordpress is faster than a custom niche site. I always prefer custom websites.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators