Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Brandable.uk

WildWest - why be a reseller yourself and simply use the DNF acct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2002
Messages
5,755
Reaction score
63
Mr Webname said:
.....Of course if you do not buy lots of names then DNForum now has a deal with Wild West Domains for sub-$7 prices so you might want to take advantage of that instead.

Mr. Webname said the above in another forum today. I agree with him but don't see why the $6.95 DNF com's are better only for lower volume domainers as that very low dnf RETAIL cost is actually about .50c lower than my $7.45 WHOLESALE buy rate from WW and quite a bit lower than my $7.85 retail price.

Not surprisingly, was told no yesterday in a call to a WW executive asking if I can at least not charge a retail markup or get a better buy rate. Amazingly they told me I may be better off not even using my own WW reseller acct for my own domains and instead transfer all my names to the DNF acct to get their low $6.95 retail rate.

Isn't that the most amazing thing, where my WHOLESALE cost as a long-time well established WildWest reseller is HIGHER than RETAIL cost as a new customer thru DNF :huh: This is NOT to be critical of DNF in any way, after all, who can blame DCG for asking for the best deal possible from WW for both the forum and members benefit.

Nevertheless it will seriously undercut the 100 or more WW resellers (that number is what was estimated by WW) who are also DNF members. After all, why go with a regular price reseller when you may go with DNF for a better deal? In fact, why even bother to be a reseller in the first place! Just my 2 cents on this.
 
Domain Summit 2024

skylight

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2004
Messages
697
Reaction score
0
I agree with you Real.

That is why i am wondering what are the benefits of becoming WWD Reseller except by getting the $10 off. I would rather register all the domains i need through DNF WWD.

And if i already was a reseller of WWD and the purpose of this reseller account is to register domain for myself.......i will heed the amazing advise from WWD staff....close the reseller account and move all to DNF WWD.
 

DNWizardX9

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2002
Messages
1,810
Reaction score
3
don't people get WWD reseller accounts to sell domains to customers? like you get your own page and people coming to your rebranded page would buy domains from you.

Why would you send customers to DNF's landing page? This is DNF's special discounted account which you would make no money from referrals anyway.
 

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2002
Messages
5,755
Reaction score
63
skylight said:
....if i already was a reseller of WWD and the purpose of this reseller account is to register domain for myself.......i will heed the amazing advise from WWD staff....close the reseller account and move all to DNF WWD.

Even if a secondary purpose of the acct is to also get 3rd party business it would seem that is now going to be very tough (if not impossible), what with such low-priced under-cutting and high-profile well publicized competition from DNF. Why would a dnf member use myself or others when they get almost $1 less from the DNF WW account?

Also, even though it has been said that this is intended for forum members what is to stop others from reading about it via search engines indexing the forum and the other ways news gets around, thus talking away even more potential business from the old WW resellers?
 

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2003
Messages
15,040
Reaction score
1,188
It really can't be that much of a surprise that a domain forum partners with a domain registrar.

My thoughts are:

This site is for resellers mostly, If a reseller can get domains for $6.95 why not use us to get them. Most WWD reseller sites are for end users and we don't have those here to steal your business.

I thought the idea behind a WWD reseller was for you to get a turnkey site and then go out and generate your own restail end user traffic. That's why you get the pretty reseller site.

i am not trying to insult anyone here, just making a conversation.

-=DCG=-
 

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2003
Messages
4,868
Reaction score
10
Real, even when you purchase a domain for yourself. You have to pay
$ 7.45?
I assume that applies to WW pricing thru GoDaddy or DNF?

Before this week, it would make more sense to buy them from Enom in your $ 6.95 acct
plus $ 0.21 fee (total cost thru Enom $ 7.16).

Now, someone doesn't even have to buy an Enom reseller acct. And, it only cost them
$ 6.95 plus $ 0.25 transaction fee (total cost thru DNF $ 7.20). And, they get this price
for only buying one domain.

However, DNF is making good profit on the .info $ 8.75 and the backorders $ 18.95.
 

Peace

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2003
Messages
552
Reaction score
3
DotComGod said:
I thought the idea behind a WWD reseller was for you to get a turnkey site and then go out and generate your own restail end user traffic. That's why you get the pretty reseller site.
-=DCG=-

I think DCG is absolutely right.

RealNames said:
After all, why go with a regular price reseller when you may go with DNF for a better deal?
RealNames said:
Even if a secondary purpose of the acct is to also get 3rd party business it would seem that is now going to be very tough (if not impossible), what with such low-priced under-cutting and high-profile well publicized competition from DNF. Why would a dnf member use myself or others when they get almost $1 less from the DNF WW account?
What is a regular price resellers? I see WW resellers selling domains from $7.35- $15.00. The "low-priced under-cutting" you were talking about is going on between the resellers from the beginning.

With thousands of $6.95 ENOM accounts out there (and many of the members here have that account), I don't understand why you are so worried only about this partnership. Even GoDaddy now has a special where you can register .coms for $6.95. You can't expect to get the best deal by paying just $99/year.
 

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2002
Messages
5,755
Reaction score
63
marketscript said:
....Even GoDaddy now has a special where you can register .coms for $6.95.....

WW mandates that most all resellers (excluding dnf) assess a retail markup over and above the $6.95 buy rate, which is a MINIMUM $7.85 (or greater) to the public.

If I renew or buy names solely for my own acct my best possible reseller price is $7.45 which includes a credit processing fee above the $6.95 wholesale buy rate. With dnf all fees and costs are included (from what I can tell) in the $6.95 price, which also includes credit processing fee and any possible retail markup WW requires.

In other words, it is a much better deal for me to now reg names via DNF and not even bother with my WW reseller acct anymore, not to mention the fact there also would be no $89 or $99 yearly fee involved, another nice savings for non-resellers, unless I am missing something.
 

DNWizardX9

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2002
Messages
1,810
Reaction score
3
RealNames said:
In other words, it is a much better deal for me to now reg names via DNF and not even bother with my WW reseller acct anymore, not to mention the fact there also would be no $89 or $99 yearly fee involved, another nice savings for non-resellers, unless I am missing something.

Thats exactly why DNF did the deal. Also consumers on the bottom level won't know about DNForum so if you kept your reseller account open only they would buy from you. (as always)
 

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2003
Messages
3,743
Reaction score
0
Jeff said:
Thats exactly why DNF did the deal. Also consumers on the bottom level won't know about DNForum so if you kept your reseller account open only they would buy from you. (as always)


That surely is the key.
I have a $6.95 Enom account and some $8.95 sub-accounts - wouldn't dream of buying my domains at $8.95, thats for my sub-account customers. If I had an opportunity to buy cheaper I would do so but still keep my sub-accounts to generate some income.
As I see it the same option is available to WWD resellers - continue selling as you always have done but now buy your own domains cheaper.

Truth is it happens all through life - the small corner shop can't compete with the supermarket so he has to make his business more available/attractive etc in order to gain his market share - or buy in the same quantities as the supermarket to sell at their prices!
 

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2003
Messages
4,159
Reaction score
17
still confused on this issue.
If i want to make a site that sells to end users, do i do that by paying the $89?
can I brand it with my own domain name, or does it show dnf???
 

skylight

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2004
Messages
697
Reaction score
0
seeker said:
still confused on this issue.
If i want to make a site that sells to end users, do i do that by paying the $89?
can I brand it with my own domain name, or does it show dnf???


You sign up as WWD reseller through DNF paying only $89 for the turnkey domain reg site. You get to brand it with your domain and setup your own pricing.
 

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2003
Messages
4,159
Reaction score
17
thanks.
that sounds nice.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Days till Domain Summit

00

Days

00

Hours

00

Minutes

00

Seconds

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom