Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

wine.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi

I am brokering the name: wine.net for the owner

Registered @ Godaddy

The name has been registered since 1994

Payment via escrow - buyer pays fees

The Price is: $20,000

peter

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am now negociating with two (2) potential buyers from this forum.

The price stands at: $20,000 and will be sold to the first legit bidder.

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nice deal P.

Goodluck,
Em

peter

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
offer of $14k received from a forum member

Buy it RIGHT now for $19k, the only price drop there will be

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Is it still for sale?

peter

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yes it is.

Price is still FIRM at $19,500

PM me asap if you are interested

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
That's funny. I contacted the owner of Wine.net, Mike Kovatch and his response was:

"The domain is not for sale at this time."

A copy of his email is available.

peter

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Oh really? I have several emails from him as well. I guess he has decided something on his own then. Not much I can do about it.

I guess it's not for sale anymore, I will have to contact him.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You "brokers" need to be sure of your broker status, icehole, sounds like you haven't talked to the owner in awhile.

DaddyHalbucks

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What? Problems with 'brokers?'

I am shocked.

NOT!!

This is only one of the many many problems which can stem from domain brokerage.

On my forum DomainPost.com we ban domain brokerage, with only a few exceptions. You must own the domain to offer it for sale.

DNF might want to consider a similar policy.

fractal

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I don't necessarily disagree on the perils of domain brokerage.

Since this particular forum is called "Domain Brokerage" I think as long as people realize they are not dealing with the owner it's okay.

A sticky message with a caution for the newbies might be a good idea though.

Then again, there are often problems when dealing with some domain owners as well. Could use a sticky caution in those forums also. :-D

-Fractal

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Brokering is great, as long as you know and trust the domain owner very much. Once that trust occurs then its much easier for buyers to pay and get the name quickly. I've done it a few times and haven't had any problems with a sale. I did have issues with domain owners who was a scammer, but the key thing was I left him before I sold any of his names...

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Not sure what this means, but the owner of wine.net seems to be oblivious about any such brokering or sale:

Email 1. "The domain is not for sale at this time."

Email 2. "Please send me the website address again of where it is listed. I am out of town and am not near my computer. The domain is not for sale."

Email 3. "I registered but still no success. I need more clearance to view the link you sent me. Who is offering wine.net for sale? What sales price are they asking?"

William9

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Good find RADiSTAR, you saved a lot of people grief I am not sure who, but someone owes you a bottle of wine!

peter

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am sorry for the mixup that has occured here.

I was contacted by one guy who "faked" the email headers in his first email to make it look like I was contacted by the real owner of wine.net, but the "reply-to" adress was another. I didnt check the "replyto" adress, since I never do this, and didnt think to do this.

I hope my long stay at this forum and relationships with MANY very respected members will convince you that I was not trying to scam anyone. The deal would be carried through in escrow.com anyhow (like the first post stated) so nobody would have lost money. I did not make ANY money from this error, it has just taken alot of of my time to reply to angry people, so I ask everyones understanding and forgiving

I will make sure that this never happens again

Yours Shamefully // Peter S.

DaddyHalbucks

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
icehole wrote:

Hi everyone, I am sorry for the mixup that has occured here.

I was contacted by one guy who "faked" the email headers in his first email to make it look like I was contacted by the real owner of wine.net, but the "reply-to" adress was another. I didnt check the "replyto" adress, since I never do this, and didnt think to do this.

I hope my long stay at this forum and relationships with MANY very respected members will convince you that I was not trying to scam anyone. The deal would be carried through in escrow.com anyhow (like the first post stated) so nobody would have lost money. I did not make ANY money from this error, it has just taken alot of of my time to reply to angry people, so I ask everyones understanding and forgiving

I will make sure that this never happens again

Yours Shamefully // Peter S.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Apology accepted. Mistakes can happen.

However, unless you are accredited escrow agent such as Escrow.com, this is why domain brokerage is a bad idea.

Domainers shouldn't offer brokerage services, or seek them out.

DOMAIN BROKERAGE = NFG

MerlinK

Premium Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Domain Brokerage is great -- however, it is made to look bad by those who do not handle brokerage in a professional manner. When it comes down to it, in order for it to be considered a "brokerage" a signed contract (exclusive in nature) should be held -- this is what I do with all of my brokerages, and therefore, everybody remains secure and bound by law.

Don't broker for people that won't sign a contract and certainly don't ask for offers for domains you don't really hold a brokerage contract for.

-Merlin
[email protected]

JFreeden

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
LOL! I am a Domain Broker, and a Domain Seller. I haven't had any problems with any of the owners. They are all my friends now:). I enjoy what I do, and it is a business that will only grow for me! This wine.net seller sounds like a scam to me. As he changes his mind every email. Watch out for potential scammers out there.

Much Regards, Happy New Year everyone!

Jason F.

Kevin

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"Domain Brokerage is great -- however, it is made to look bad by those who do not handle brokerage in a professional manner. When it comes down to it, in order for it to be considered a "brokerage" a signed contract (exclusive in nature) should be held -- this is what I do with all of my brokerages, and therefore, everybody remains secure and bound by law.

"Don't broker for people that won't sign a contract and certainly don't ask for offers for domains you don't really hold a brokerage contract for."

-Merlin

----------

Excellent advice Merlin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom