Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed Worth registering? 4262 type ins in Overture

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

It has 4262 type ins in Overture. Is it worth registering? it's to do with music and is a 3 word type in.

Tippy

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
When you say type-ins do you mean the Domain itself ( xxxxxxx.com ) or the phrase ( xxx xxx xxx )?

Mike

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
tell us the name, we will be honest and tell you.

Tippy

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Just re-read your post " 3 word type in "

Sorry,

Mike

Don't go registering domains just because of their 'type ins' at Overture - whether those 'type ins' actually makes any difference depends on a number of factors (and most appraisers will never tell you this).

If it contains an everyday used word or phrase, and something that is obviously well entered into search engines then sure, it earns points, but at the same time there could be tons of sites with that name and you could get lost in amongst the search engines.

abrams1117

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
....there could be tons of sites with that name and you could get lost in amongst the search engines.
-----------------------------------------
If the domain:
'xxxxxx.com' is targeted to a good industry (music,credit cards,tickets,etc.) and gets good traffic from type-ins you could make money without the SE's.

eddie1278

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
what do you think about names with over 45,000 searches I have some that are 2 and 3 words. I found atleast 5 with 45,000+ searches. I feel its worth the risk of 30-40$ registering these if you think of the potential traffic. All these 5 words that i found in one keyword search. example- type mp3, found mp3files, mp3music, mp3downloads all with 45,000+ searches. So about 200,000 a month thats pretty nice i think, even if its 75,000 or 50,000 a month I'll be happy. Oh by the way mp3 isnt the word i searched,hehe

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by eddie1278
what do you think about names with over 45,000 searches I have some that are 2 and 3 words. I found atleast 5 with 45,000+ searches. I feel its worth the risk of 30-40$ registering these if you think of the potential traffic. All these 5 words that i found in one keyword search. example- type mp3, found mp3files, mp3music, mp3downloads all with 45,000+ searches. So about 200,000 a month thats pretty nice i think, even if its 75,000 or 50,000 a month I'll be happy. Oh by the way mp3 isnt the word i searched,hehe

give a few examples of what you searched, so we can appraise.

eddie1278

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
wish i could man, but i gotta scrap up 30-40$ first to reg them.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
wish i could man, but i gotta scrap up 30-40$ first to reg them.

No one heres gonna steal a long name like that. register them for 9.99 on attracttraffic.com

eddie1278

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
and i already found an affiliate program that matches the searches exactly, pays 20-100$ for every sale depending on quanity ordered. I'll be sure to help the little people out when i get rich,hehe. But its probably a pipe dream as usual.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
and i already found an affiliate program that matches the searches exactly, pays 20-100$ for every sale depending on quanity ordered. I'll be sure to help the little people out when i get rich,hehe. But its probably a pipe dream as usual.

sounds good, go register:shy: attracttraffic.com is cheap and good

eddie1278

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
if its so long of a name then what do you care?

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
if its so long of a name then what do you care?

exactly my point, tell us the name, no ones gonna grab it.

Tippy

I mean xxx xxx xxx. Is this what ye mean by a three word domain type in, or does it have to be xxxxxxxxx (ie. all one word)?

Thanks

RON2

@domainbuyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Do not post the names here until after you register them (or decide not to). If they are good, someone else would register them first.

With domain registrations as cheap as they are, grab them and take the next year to decide whether they're worth renewing. :-]

The overture counts sound good enough to suggest the domains might be good for developing. Don't expect high resale values though if they arn't already registered. If you're not into developing domains, save your money.

L

lhague

...I would register first as I gave a name last week I found with 40,000+ pharase search result and no sooner I posted here someone went and registered... If you know someone in the forum you can trust then pm them with the names, this is what I do now...

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by lhague
...I would register first as I gave a name last week I found with 40,000+ pharase search result and no sooner I posted here someone went and registered... If you know someone in the forum you can trust then pm them with the names, this is what I do now...

oh

eddie1278

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
always protect your investment, one guy might think the name sucks,but the next guy might think its gold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators